There’s a word that’s thrown around a lot in the personal injury claims industry, and that’s “compensation.” By now, most of us have heard of it. How many of us know what it really is? Do you know, for example, why compensation is paid? As much as we go out of our way to avoid having an accident, sometimes these things happen. It’s understandable that you’d want to get the compensation you deserve in these circumstances. Have you had an accident that wasn’t your fault? Are you looking for personal injury information in Doncaster? Our specialist team of lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline can help you.
Personal injury information in Doncaster to help you make your claim for compensation
Compensation is something paid out in recognition of the pain, suffering and injury of another person. Compensation usually comes in the form of a monetary payment. That’s what most people are thinking of when they say the word “compensation” in relation to a personal injury matter. It’s very difficult to say for certain what amount your compensation will be for any particular injury. however we can provide you with an estimate. Compensation comes in two main forms:
- Special damages, for financial loss. This can cover things such as loss of earnings, paying for prescriptions, medical fees and childcare, and so on. This type of compensation is much easier to quantify and put a value on than the other kind;
- General damages, for the pain and suffering of another individual. This is much harder to quantify for obvious reasons. How does one measure the “worth” of an individual’s pain and suffering?
How do I claim compensation? If you’ve been the victim of an accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be entitled to compensation. You can claim the compensation you deserve by making a claim for your personal injury. However, you must meet the following criteria:
- The accident was not your fault.
- The accident occurred within the last three years. This deadline counts unless you’re claiming for a case of industrial disease, or an accident where the victim was a minor.
- You saw a doctor in relation to your injuries, around the time of your accident.
Give us a quick call
To find out if you’re eligible to make a claim and see what it might be worth, take the 30 second test on our website. If you’d like further personal injury information in Doncaster and wish to speak to someone about your claim, you can do so. Simply give our friendly, professional advisors a call. They’re available on 0800 689 0500 from your landline, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.
Date Published: 26th July 2015
Author: David Brown