Industrial injuries and accidents at work can result in personal injury compensation claims in Tameside. Companies have a duty of care to their employees, and where it can be shown they failed to do so, you may be able to claim compensation.
As part of a recent census, manufacturing and construction accounted for almost 30% of the workforce in Tameside. Factories have to make sure they stick to Health and Safety regulations, which means they are a lot safer to work in than they were years ago. Accidents are often caused by human error, a lack in concentration for example, so no regulations can completely eliminate accidents.
Ways employers should protect their employees.
- Make sure all machinery is regularly maintained. Malfunctioning machinery can cause serious or long term injuries.
- Carry out regular checks to make sure there are no electrical faults. Not just machinery, but lights, sockets and even computers.
- Provide adequate seating and clothing, and allow breaks where work is particularly repetitive. Protective clothing should always be provided and worn if there is danger of toxic fumes.
- Make sure gangways and fire escapes are free from obstruction.
- Cables should never be allowed to trail across a floor.
How to check you are able to make personal injury compensation claims in Tameside
Accident Advice Helpline will be able to confirm if you are eligible to make a claim. We call it our 30-second test.
- Who caused your accident? Compensation can be claimed by anyone who was not responsible for causing their injury. If your injuries were caused by your own actions, you will not be able to claim.
- Did you get medical treatment? Proving your injuries is very important, so consult a medical practitioner as soon as you can. Even if you don’t think you are injured, you might be harbouring a hidden injury you know nothing about.
- When did it happen? As with everything, there is a timescale for making a claim. You can claim as soon as you like, as long as it is within three years.
Who are Accident Advice Helpline?
Accident Advice Helpline are specialists in personal injury claims. Since 2000 our team of experts have successfully completed many thousands of them for satisfied customers who are spending their compensation. In fact, we are so sure of a successful outcome, we even work on no win, no fee*.
Our friendly advisors are trained to start personal injury compensation claims in Tameside without delay. They can do this while you are on the phone. So call Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or from a mobile it’s 0333 500 0993. We make sure you have every chance of success.Open Claim Calculator