How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Personal injury compensation claims in South Yorkshire

    Personal Injury Solicitors in South Yorkshire

    Need help with personal injury compensation claims in South Yorkshire?

    If you live in South Yorkshire and have been injured in an accident, you may be wondering if you can make a personal injury compensation claim. Maybe you don’t know how to begin the claims process and have been thinking about it for some time. If you need help with personal injury compensation claims in South Yorkshire, contact us at Accident Advice Helpline.

    What you must prove to make a claim for injuries

    To begin with, the most important points that you have to be able to prove are that you did not cause the accident and that another person did, either because of their negligence or recklessness.

    Our in-house lawyers will be able to help you prove these two things.

    You will also have to demonstrate that you had medical treatment for your injuries as soon as you could possibly have done after your accident. Your medical records will prove that you did. They will also be needed to assess the amount of compensation you could be awarded for the pain, distress and suffering caused by your injuries. If you have suffered loss of amenity (you are unable to pursue a sport or hobby you enjoyed doing before your accident) you may also be compensated for this loss.

    If the police were summoned to the scene of your accident, for example, if you were injured in a road traffic accident, they will have investigated its causes. On completion of their investigations they compile an accident report. It will be necessary to produce a copy of this report when you make your claim. It should prove that you were not to blame for your accident and lay the blame on someone else.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How long do I have to make my claim?

    If your accident occurred in the UK, you normally have three years from its date to file a claim for personal injuries. This is not always the case, however. There are some accidents and their resulting injuries which must be claimed for within a much shorter period of time.

    Fine out precisely how long you have to file your potential claim by contacting us at Accident Advice Helpline.

    Contact us at Accident Advice Helpline now

    For help with personal injury compensation claims in South Yorkshire, contact us at Accident Advice Helpline. You can use one of our freephone numbers to contact us now, whatever time it is. You can either phone us or send us a text.

    If you send the text message “claim 365” to 88010, someone will call you just as soon as they can to discuss your potential claim.

    To call us from a landline, ring 0800 689 0500, or from a mobile, call 0333 500 0993. If no one can take your call when you ring, leave a message. Someone will return your call as soon as they can to find out how we can help you.

    Why now contact us now for help and expert legal advice?

    Date Published: 29th May 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.