How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Personal injury compensation claims in Oadby and Wigston

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Oadby and Wigston

    Need help with personal injury compensation claims in Oadby and Wigston?

    If you live in the Oadby and Wigston district in Leicestershire, you might be wondering what personal injury compensation claims in Oadby and Wigston are all about. If you have been injured in an accident and can prove it was another person’s fault and not yours, you might be able to file one.

    Claiming for personal injuries

    Apart from having to prove that the accident in which you sustained your injuries was not your fault, you have also to prove that another person caused the accident.

    If a fox or other wild animal dashed in front of your car, and you swerved to avoid it, but crashed into an oncoming vehicle, then the accident would be your fault. You can’t claim damages from wild animals. If you were injured by a cow, or other domesticated animal, then you may be able to make a claim if you can prove that the animal’s owner had been negligent in his or her duty.

    Medical treatment

    After any accident when you are injured, you have to seek and receive medical treatment as soon as you can. If you decide to file a personal injury compensation claim you will have to produce your medical records. These will not only prove that you had treatment as soon as you could, but also they will describe, in some detail, the injuries you sustained. This medical report will form the basis of calculations for the amount of compensation you could be awarded for your injuries.

    Police accident reports

    If you had a road traffic accident, you will need a copy of the police accident report if you file a claim. They have a duty to investigate the causes of road traffic accidents when people have been injured. This report should prove that you were not to blame for the accident.

    Open Claim Calculator

    How long do I have to file my claim?

    You generally could expect to have three years to file a claim from the date of your accident, if it happened in the UK that is.

    However, you may not have that much time to file your particular claim. Not all accidents and injuries have a three year limitation period. You may have to begin the claims’ process within months of your accident.

    To find out exactly how long you have to make your particular claim, contact us at Accident Advice Helpline now.

    How to contact us at Accident Advice Helpline

    For help with personal injury compensation claims in Oadby and Wigston call us at any time on one of our freephone numbers or send us a text message to 88010. We will call you back to find out how we can help you.

    From landlines call 0800 689 0500, or from mobiles, 0333 500 0993. Should there be no one available to take your call, leave a message. We will call you back as soon as we can.

    Contact us now for help with your potential claim.

    Date Published: 17th May 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.