How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Personal injury compensation claims in County Durham

    Wouldn’t it be great if you could find out all you need to know about personal injury compensation claims in County Durham in one place? Well, now you can and you have found that very place. Here at Accident Advice Helpline we know all about every type of personal injury claim and can handle your claim for you. Let us tell you more!

    All about personal injury compensation claims in County Durham

    A personal injury compensation claim is basically a legal method of one person claiming money (compensation) from another person. The first person is the one who has been injured and the second person is at fault for that injury. The compensation is to cover pain and suffering, to a limited degree, and is for all the financial losses that have been incurred.

    There are strict criteria governing personal injury compensation claims in County Durham and so not everyone can claim. The most obvious one is that you must not have caused the accident yourself. The next one is that you must have received medical attention for your injuries. The final one is that the accident must have been within the last three years.

    What is compensation?

    Compensation is a sum of money that is paid to the injured person at the end of the claim. Even though the legal principle is that this money should be paid by the person who caused the accident in most cases it is not. It is actually paid by an insurance company because people take out insurance policies to cover them for this very eventuality.

    If you are a motorist then you have to take out a motor insurance policy. If you are an employer then you should take out an employer’s liability insurance policy. If you run an organisation or a location that is used by members of the public or if members of the public could be affected by what you do, you should take out a public liability insurance policy.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Compensation is paid for pain and suffering (a small proportion) and for financial loss. This is things like lost wages, child care bills, household help bills and travelling expenses. There needs to be proof of these losses.

    Contact us at Accident Advice Helpline

    The place to go to find out even more about personal injury claims is Accident Advice Helpline. You can reach us on 0800 689 0500 from your landline or on 0333 500 0993 from your mobile. Get in touch with us today!

    Date Published: 10th June 2015

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.