The seaside town of Torquay in Devon is a popular tourist destination close to Exeter, Plymouth and Paignton. With a sizeable population and an influx of holidaymakers, Torquay is not exempt from the risk of accidents. If you have been injured in the town as a visitor or resident, you will be interested to find out more about personal injury claims in Torquay.
What types of personal injury claims in Torquay could be made?
Personal injury claims in Torquay can be made following an accident that was not your fault which happened in the past three years and caused injuries resulting in medical attention. As such, claims can be wide ranging and may include:
- Whiplash injuries following a road traffic accident;
- Wrist injuries following a slip, trip or fall;
- Head injuries following a fall from height;
- Stress-related illness due to your working environment;
- Infection introduced through medical negligence; or
- Broken bones following a holiday accident.
The potential for injuries is vast and they can be caused by all sorts of accidents. Being a seaside town, some of the accidents more specific to Torquay could include:
- Accidents at a seaside hotel or bed and breakfast;
- Watersport accidents, e.g. water skiing or surfing; and
- Boating accidents.
No matter what your accident or injury type, personal injury claims in Torquay should be made as soon as possible. This ensures that the details are fresh in your mind, and that you have the best possible chance of success.
How much compensation am I entitled to claim?
The amount of compensation you will be entitled to for personal injury claims in Torquay varies from person to person. The amount is mainly determined by the severity of your injuries, but will also take into account any loss of earnings, expenses and emotional stresses caused as a direct result.
You can get an approximate compensation figure from the Accident Advice Helpline website by using our 30-second test online. Alternatively, call our 24-hour advice line on 0800 689 0500 and we will advise you accordingly.
Why use Accident Advice Helpline?
Accident Advice Helpline are trusted compensation providers. Here’s why:
- We have over ten years of experience within the industry;
- We operate on a no win no fee* policy on all claims;
- We have a network of over 190 solicitors, each with their own expertise;
- Most claims can be made entirely over the telephone;
- We are endorsed by UK consumer champion Esther Rantzen;
- We are regulated by the Ministry of Justice;
- We are members of the Claims Standards Council; and
- We have professional, friendly and highly trained advisory staff.
To make your claim today, simply give us a call on 0800 689 0500 or fill out our short online claim form. We will guide you through the process, ensuring that the experience of making personal injury claims in Torquay is as stress-free as possible.