Slough is a large city of over 120,000 people. Situated only 20 miles west of London, it is a popular town for those commuting to the capital for work purposes. As a result, many people who live in Slough make use of public transport on a daily basis, meaning that personal injury claims in Slough often involve train and road traffic accidents.
What types of travel accidents can result in compensation?
If you live in Slough and commute to London, then you may have been involved in an accident whilst on this journey. With your commute perhaps involving a short car journey or walk to the railway station, followed by a train journey and commute on the London Underground to reach your workplace, there are numerous opportunities for accidents.
If an accident does happen and someone else is to blame for it, then you may be able to make personal injury claims in Slough on this basis – as long as it also occurred within the last three years and resulted in injuries requiring medical attention.
The blame for a travel accident may fall on the travel operator such as the train company, the authority responsible for maintaining safety at stations, or another driver in the case of road traffic accidents. There are many ways in which a person or organisation could be responsible for an accident, and if you have suffered as a result then you deserve to be compensated as much as possible.
Personal injury claims in Slough involving transportation could include:Open Claim Calculator
- Road traffic accidents, such as a car crash in which another driver was under the influence of alcohol, causing you to collide and resulting in whiplash injuries;
- Train accidents, such as a crash due to an incorrect signal on the line, which may have resulted in a head injury or broken bones;
- Accidents on the London Underground, either on the train itself or at the tube station, perhaps slipping on a wet platform; and
- Cycling accidents caused by carelessness on the part of other road users, and resulting in injuries such as broken bones.
Whether your accident happened yesterday, last month or two years ago, you should act as soon as possible to make your claim. It is important to act quickly whilst the information relating to your accident is still fresh in your mind.
What information is needed for personal injury claims in Slough?
Even if you have very little information to hand, you should always contact a law firm such as Accident Advice Helpline if you feel that you are entitled to make a claim. However, it will benefit your case if you have at least some of the following information available:
- The time, date and location of your accident;
- An account of your accident, detailing what happened;
- Contact information for any witnesses or other parties involved;
- Your medical report;
- Details of any loss of earnings; and
- Receipts relating to expenses.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline
To contact Accident Advice Helpline about making personal injury claims in Slough, simply call our 24-hour advice telephone line. Ring us on either: 0800 689 0500 or on: 0333 500 0993 and we will provide further advice.