Personal Injury Claims in Telford and Wrekin


If you are the victim of a violent crime you are entitled to compensation from the assailant, if you know who it was. Then you should make personal injury claims in Telford and Wrekin to get the compensation you are entitled to.

How to make personal injury claims in Telford and Wrekin if you do not know who the assailant was

If you do not know who assaulted you, or if the guilty person does not have the means to pay your compensation, your claim can be referred to The Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme. This is government funded to compensate the innocent victims of violent crime, and if you are in this situation you may be entitled to make a criminal injury claim. The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) administers the scheme.

The rules for making personal injury claims in Telford and Wrekin for criminal injuries

There are rules that need to apply to your situation to be able to make personal injury claims in Telford and Wrekin for criminal injuries, such as:

  • The incident should have happened within the last 2 years
  • You were the innocent victim of a violent crime or abuse
  • The injuries you were caused needed medical attention
  • You reported the incident to the police without delay
  • You helped the police with their enquires to give them the best possible chance of apprehending the assailant
  • You are a British citizen or an EU national who has the right to be in the UK

The government realises that no amount of money can compensate for what you have been through, but the cash is meant as public recognition of your pain and suffering.

The exclusions for criminal injury claims

There are certain circumstances in which you would not be eligible to make a criminal injury claim. If the injury you sustained was:

  • Because of a suicide attempt, unless the suicidal person acted with intent to cause you harm or injury
  • Because of a vehicle, unless the vehicle was used with the intent to cause harm or injury
  • From an animal attack, unless the animal was used to cause harm or injury
  • In the usual course of a sport or activity to which you consented by taking part
  • As a result of harmful substances being willingly ingested by the mother during pregnancy with intent to cause harm to the foetus
  • If at the time of the incident you lived with the person who caused the injury, and still do live with them.
  • If whoever caused the injury will benefit in any way from the award.

Accident Advice Helpline can assist with your criminal injury claim

The easiest and most stress free way to make your claim is to contact Accident Advice Helpline. We were established over 14 years ago, to give access to justice for the blameless victims of accidents and crimes. We operate on a No Win No Fee* basis, and that means exactly what it says. You will not have to find any money to start your claim or if your claim is lost.

You can call our helpline on our freephone number, 0800 180 4123, where our friendly advisors to discuss your case with you and start your claim should you wish to proceed.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )