Have you been injured in an accident in Bath or North East Somerset which was not your fault?
If so you may be eligible to make a personal injury compensation claim and receive a financial reward in recognition of the pain and inconvenience your injury caused.
You may be new to the world of personal injury and if so we suggest you take the time to read through the following information related to personal injury claims in Bath and North East Somerset.
What is a personal injury?
The term personal injury is used to describe a range of physical injuries which happen to a person’s body as opposed to damage to a property. They include the following:
- Broken bones
- Sprains including whiplash
- Cuts and scarring
- Repetitive strains
- Slipped discs
- And many more
The category of personal injury also extends to include a number of illnesses, which have been brought about by the actions or negligence of another person. For example, asbestosis contracted through working in an environment where the substance was present and an employer knew about it but did nothing to protect workers.
Other examples include industrial cancers and food poisoning.
If you have been the victim of any of the mentioned injuries and illnesses, or a different aliment you feel falls into the category of personal injuries then you may be eligible for financial compensation.
Can I claim?
Personal injury claims in Bath and North East Somerset, or in fact, anywhere else in the UK must meet three conditions:
- The accident or illness must have occurred within the past three years;
- It must have been caused by the carelessness or actions of another person; and
- It must have been severe enough that you visited a doctor.
These are general conditions and there are exceptions so seek further advice before you start a claim to ensure you are in fact entitled to one.
Personal injury claims in Bath and North East Somerset are made easy if you use the services of a professional company such as Accident Advice Helpline for a number of reasons:
- Personal injury law is a specialist subject area. Making a claim requires the knowledge and experience of a professional if it is to be successful.
- It can be expensive to make a claim on your own. Yet if you claim through a law firm like Accident Advice Helpline you can use the no-win, no-fee agreement which means you only pay your solicitor’s fees if they win. Plus no money is required upfront to start a claim so you take no financial risk.
- In the aftermath of an accident or illness your primary focus should be your health. Filing for compensation by yourself will require a lot of energy and time which would be better spent on your recovery. If you get help from a law firm like Accident Advice Helpline we can take care of all aspects of a claim on your behalf and you can concentrate on getting better.
Contact Accident Advice Helpline
For more information about how we can help with personal injury claims in Bath and North East Somerset contact us on:
- 0800 689 0500 free from a landline or
- 0333 500 0993 from a mobile (charges may apply).
Date Published: 15th August 2014
Author: David Brown