How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Personal injury claims in Holyhead

    If you have been injured as the result of a serious accident at work, you may need to take a long time off in order to recover. Your doctor will be able to give you a good estimation of how long you will need off work in order to recover and provide you with a medical certificate as proof that you do need this time away from work. However, you do still need to approach your employer with this information, so that they know for certain why you are taking time off and for how long. Here are some ways to do this effectively.

    • Speak to your doctor first. You can’t choose to take sick leave on your own, as your employer will not allow sickness of more than a week without a note from your doctor, so go to your doctor first and get a medical certificate which shows what you are suffering from and how long you are likely to be out for.
    • Put information in writing. You will need to speak to your employer face to face, but it can also be helpful to have a written record of everything your employer needs to know so that they can refer to this in the future. Include what is wrong, what your symptoms are and how long you intend to be off work.
    • Offer alternative solutions. If your employer cannot do without you for a long time, you should let it be known that you will be happy to work part time or from home after a little while, or that you consent to your job being outsourced to someone else.
    • Time is of the essence. Let your employer know as soon as you do that you will be taking sick leave. They will appreciate being able to put alternative solutions into effect sooner rather than later.

    Making personal injury claims in Holyhead

    If your accident was caused by the negligence of your employer, you may be able to make personal injury claims in Holyhead against the company. Bear in mind that this is an extremely sensitive thing to do and, but that your employer is not allowed to fire you over personal injury claims in Holyhead.

    To decide whether or not you should make a claim, call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile and speak to the friendly, helpful team about the process of making personal injury claims in Holyhead and whether or not you have a good case for a successful claim. You are under no obligation to proceed after this phone call, but your case will be handled on your behalf by the team if you do decide to go ahead.

    Date Published: 1st August 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.