If you live in Chatham in Kent and have been involved in an accident caused by another person which resulted in the need for medical attention, you should contact a compensation provider at the soonest possible opportunity to ensure you are able to make a claim. Personal injury claims in Chatham may encompass a wide range of injury types such as head and neck injuries, spinal injuries, broken bones or whiplash – the list is by no means exhaustive.
Accidents caused by another person or organisation may include:
- A slip in a restaurant caused by wet flooring. The restaurant management should have identified the risk and used a warning sign before resolving the situation at the soonest opportunity.
- A trip caused by broken pavement in the street. Your local council has a responsibility to reasonably maintain the pathways in Chatham, ensuring you are safe as a pedestrian.
- A road traffic accident caused by a driver under the influence of alcohol. It is illegal to drive after consuming a certain number of alcoholic drinks.
- An accident at work caused by faulty equipment. Your employer has a duty of care to you as its employee to observe health and safety measures and protect you from the risk of accidents whilst at work.
- Medical negligence resulting in unnecessary infection. Medical professionals must ensure they observe all health guidelines such as hand washing and wearing protective clothing to minimise the chances of spreading infection, especially if you are already unwell.
The examples above provide you with an idea instances whereby you may be eligible to claim for compensation. Specific to your area, personal injury claims in Chatham may result from an accident whilst out on the school run, when attending a local sporting event such as a Chatham Town FC football match, or whilst catching a train at the railway station. If your accident was not your fault, it is your entitlement to pursue a claim for compensation.
How much compensation will I receive for personal injury claims in Chatham?
Compensation amounts can range from hundreds to thousands of pounds, and are very much dependent on your personal circumstances. To get an initial idea, you can use a tool such as Accident Advice Helpline’s 30 second calculator, which will assess your personal injury claims in Chatham and provide an estimated compensation figure, based on injury type and severity.
Once you have been provided with this ballpark figure, you will likely have the confidence to contact a compensation provider and progress your claim. At Accident Advice Helpline, we run a 24 hour advice line which is available every day of the week.Open Claim Calculator
Accident Advice Helpline is a trusted national compensation provider regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and is a member of the Claims Standards Council. All claims are handled by experts in their field on a ‘no win, no fee*’ basis.