If you have been injured in an accident, it is unlikely that your first thought will be to claim compensation, right? After all, you really do need to focus on recovering as quickly as possible. Sooner or later, however, you will start to see those medical bills mount up, you will want to get in touch with personal injury claim solicitors in Welwyn Hatfield in order to claim compensation.
Why work with a personal injury claim solicitor?
When you are involved in an accident, whether it is a slip, fall, work injury or maybe even a car accident, then there will be expenses associated with that. Sure, in the United Kingdom, the vast majority of medical care will be carried out under the NHS and thus you will not have to pay a penny. However, there are costs other than medical care. For example:
- Medication: You will have to pay a small fee for medication. If you have a serious injury, you may need quite a lot of it.
- Transport costs
- Medical equipment: Not all medical equipment can be provided by the NHS.
- Cost of fitting a home to make it more suitable for your disability.
- Childcare costs if you are no longer able to look after your children due to your injury.
- Lost income as you are unable to work.
When you add this all up, the amount of money that you have spent due to somebody else’s negligence will be incredibly high. The job of personal injury claim solicitors in Welwyn Hatfield will be to help you claim back some of these costs so that you are not left out of pocket due to the actions of another person.
Can you make a claim?
Not all injuries can lead to a compensation claim, sadly. If you wish to work with Accident Advice Helpline then you need to be sure that your case meets the following three standards:
- The accident must have occurred within the last three years.
- The accident must have been the fault of another person. This does not mean that they acted in a specific manner on purpose. It simply means that the way in which they acted was negligent i.e. the actions that they took breached their duty of care towards you. This could, perhaps, mean a supermarket which did not put a sign up informing you of a wet floor, or maybe even an employer who did not provide adequate training for staff members.
- The accident must have resulted in an injury. This could be a physical or a psychological injury.
Get in touch with personal injury claim solicitors in Welwyn Hatfield
Contact Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you are calling from a mobile.
Date Published: 14th May 2015
Author: David Brown