How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Personal injury claim in Kellington

    If you live in Kellington, you may be contemplating making an injury claim. You can make a personal injury claim in Kellington (or one based elsewhere in the UK) for an injury sustained in an accident that was not your fault if it occurred in the last three years. You could also make an injury claim in Kellington, for example, if you have been diagnosed (again within the last three years) with an illness for which another person’s negligence was responsible. You and your solicitor will have to prove your case.

    Personal injury claim in Kellington

    If you have been injured after having an accident with a driver who had no insurance, or if you were a victim of a hit-and-run accident, you may still be able to make a personal injury claim in Kellington (or one from anywhere else in the British Isles). You would probably need the assistance of an accident solicitor to help you fill in the forms you can get from the Motor Insurer’s Bureau, and if you wanted to appeal against any decision, again you would need to be represented by an experienced accident solicitor.

    Motor Insurer’s Bureau

    The Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) describes itself as a “fund of last resort” because they will consider paying compensation for property damage and injury when this cannot be claimed from any other source. The MIB can only pay compensation for property damage or injury which occurred in an accident which happened on a road or in a public place, as laid down by the Road Traffic Act 1988 and more recent regulations.

    In order to make a claim with the MIB the police need to have been informed about your accident.

    If you have been injured in a hit-and-run accident, you can file a claim under the Untraced Drivers’ Agreement. In order to make a claim with the MIB, your accident must have been reported to the police within 5 days if you are claiming for damage to property. You have only nine months from the date of your accident to file a claim for damage to property. You have to report any accident in which you sustained an injury to the police within fourteen days, although if your injuries are so severe that this is impossible, you need to report it as soon as you are able.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Some claims for minor damage to property or minor injuries can often be settled within six months, but if there has to be a criminal prosecution the claim could take years to settle.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    If you think you could make any kind of personal injury compensation claim, but you are not certain how to do this, you could contact us at Accident Advice Helpline.

    Call us on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500, from a landline, or from a mobile ring 0333 500 0993.

    If you like, just send us the text message “claim365” to 88010 and we will call you to find out how we can help you with the claims’ process.

    C all or text us now and get expert legal advice from our claims’ experts.

    Date Published: 10th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.