Personal injury claim for a dog bite giving you grief?
There are many different things you that allow you to make a personal injury claim for a dog bite is it just one of them. A dog bite can be particularly stressful as well as causing physical injury. At Accident Advice Helpline there are trained staff waiting to take your call and see if you are likely to have a successful personal injury claim.
What should you do if you have been bitten by a dog?
In order for you to have the best personal injury claim for a dog bite possible there are certain steps you should go through:
- Always seek medical attention. Even if the bite does not look bad it is still important to have it checked by a professional. You may need to be given a tetanus jab or be assessed for rabies treatment.
- Once you are medically ok you should contact the police and report the incident. Being bitten by a dog is a crime and you should be given a crime reference number.
- Write an accurate description of what happened while it is still fresh in your mind.
- Take photos of the injuries you have sustained and keep these together with your description of the events.
- Contact the council or dog warden to inform them that there is a dangerous dog in the area.
- Try to get the details of any witnesses who may have seen what happened. These people may be important if the case is disputed by the owner of the dog.
- Try to find out the contact details of the owner of the dog as this will make it easier to process your claim.
- Ask around the local area to see if the dog has attacked any other people or behaved in an aggressive way before. This will help to prove your case if the owner disputes what happened.
- Keep records of any expenses or financial losses that you face as a result of the injury, e.g. travel expenses for medical treatment or lost wages through time off work.
Once you have carried out these steps you should check out the 30-second test on the Accident Advice Helpline to see if you personal injury claim for a dog bite case is likely to be successful. If it is then give the helpline a call and start your claim towards compensation.
Do you have a valid claim?
Your personal injury claim for a dog bite case could be valid:
– if the incident occurred within the last three years
– if the incident occurred before your 18th birthday you must claim before your 21st birthday
– if you have a loved one who was fatally attacked by a dog
If any of these situations applies to you then you should call Accident Advice Helpline. We are endorse by Dame Esther Rantzen which shows how committed we are justice and making sure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Why should you choose Accident Advice Helpline?
Dog bites can be extremely complex cases when it comes to compensation. Therefore to have a successful personal injury claim for a dog bite case you need an expert. At Accident Advice Helpline there are numerous expert solicitors who can help in your claim. We have solicitors with expertise in all areas of personal injury and there will be one waiting to take your case. So why not start your claim today? Just call us on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Category: Dog attack injury claims