Some of the people who use the services of a personal injury claim attorney have been injured at work. They may be trying to make a claim from their employer’s liability insurance. Most employers have this type of insurance because they have a duty towards the health and safety of their workers. One group of workers who get injured particularly frequently are construction workers. It is a sad fact that many of these accidents involve a fall from a height. Some falls involve ladders. If you have fallen from a ladder at work and it can be shown that it was not your fault, a personal injury claim attorney can help you make a claim for compensation. To do this you will have to provide them with some information about how you fell. Some interesting information about falls from ladders is given below.
Personal injury claim attorney – Top 5 facts about falls from ladders
1. Many people who telephone Accident Advice Helpline have fallen from a ladder because they were doing a job where a ladder should not have been used in the first place. Scaffolding or other means of accessing work at a height is often viewed as a safer option. Compensation providers like Accident Advice Helpline are used to collecting information about ladder accidents. In fact Accident Advice helpline have a team of highly trained professional advisors who can help.
2. The condition of the ladder is also important. Was it worn or not strong enough for the job? If you are considering making a claim because this was what happened in your accident, Accident Advice Helpline has got a unique 30 second test. It just takes half a minute to work out whether your claim is likely to be successful or not. Because Accident Advice Helpline is endorsed by Esther Rantzen (TV consumer champion) you know you can trust the advice that you are given.
3. You will be matched up with a personal injury claim attorney who has both expertise and experience in dealing with personal injury claims involving ladders. You will be able to supply your personal injury claim attorney with all the relevant details about the accident. This could include:
- Was there a safer method that could have been used e.g. tower scaffold?
- What type of ladder was used?
- Was the ladder regularly inspected?
- Were the feet firmly attached?
- Were the rungs clean?
- Was it placed on firm, level ground?
- Was it set at the correct length and angle for the job?
- Were you trained and supervised appropriately
4. Making a claim for a fall from a ladder does not have to involve a large upfront payment to the personal injury claim attorney. If they are allocated to you through Accident Advice Helpline, they will work for you on a no win no fee basis.
5. Your personal injury claim attorney will work hard to get as much compensation as they can for you without you having to go to court.