Accidents can cause panic like nothing else. Even in the midst of the most serious incident, it is important to calm yourself down and take several deep breaths. Panicking only makes things worse and can cause you to forget important details. You may not remember to take photos of the accident scene or note down the names of eyewitnesses, but when you come to make a claim for personal injury accident compensation in Somerset, you will need this information.
Prepare yourself for the aftermath of an accident in Somerset
If you are ever involved in an accident, it may be helpful for you to break your response in two parts: steps to take immediately after and steps to take in the following days and weeks.
Right after an accident happens, you should:
- Notify someone in a position of authority
- Create an accident report
- Note down the details of eyewitnesses
- Take photographs of the accident scene
- Seek medical attention
In the following days and weeks, you should:
- Follow your doctor’s orders
- Inform your employer if you need to take time off work
- Keep track of any expenses you incur as a result of your accident
- Note down the details of any conversations you have regarding your accident
- Contact Accident Advice Helpline to receive free, no-obligation advice on your rights
Even if you do not plan to pursue personal injury accident compensation in Somerset, it pays to have an experienced lawyer on your side. If your injuries turn out to be more serious than you initially expected, you may find yourself in a position where you need to make a claim.
Let our experts claim personal injury accident compensation in Somerset
We understand that the stress of an accident is enough without having to get to grips with understanding your rights under personal injury law. As such, we aim to make the process of obtaining legal advice as easy as possible for you and your family.
If you are ever involved in an accident and find yourself in need of guidance, just give us a call on 0800 689 0500 and our trained claims advisors will be happy to help.