Personal Claims


Making personal claims for road traffic accidents

If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in a road traffic accident, which was not your fault, then you may be entitled to make a personal claims for compensation. If you are a passenger in a car, van, bus or coach, which is involved in a collision, your personal injury compensation claim would be made against the insurance company of the person responsible for the accident, whether that is the driver of the vehicle you were travelling in or a third party driver (or both if necessary).

If you are a pedestrian, a motorist, a pedal cyclist or a driver, personal claims are made against the insurance company of the person driving the vehicle which collided with you.

You may also be able to make a claim for compensation so take our 30 second test to see if you are able to make personal claims.

The most common personal claims

Perhaps the most common type of injury resulting from a road accident is whiplash; however, many other different injuries are possible.
Action to take before starting a personal injury claim:

  • As with all personal injury compensation claims, you would need to prove that another person was responsible for your personal injury (in this case the driver of the vehicle you were travelling in or the third party driver).
  • To help your case, you should take names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses to the accident and take photographs of the accident locus if possible. If the third party driver has no valid insurance, leaves the scene or admits to driving a stolen vehicle, you should contact the Police immediately and report the incident.

If you are intending to claim expenses such as prescription costs and travelling expenses, remember to keep receipts as evidence. Accident Advice Helpline is well equipped with a wide variety of experience in successful personal claims.
A list of organisations which may be able to help you following a Road Traffic Accident:

  • The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) – is actively involved in the promotion of safety and the prevention of accidents in all areas of life – at work, in the home, and on the roads, in schools, at leisure and on (or near) water.
  • Brake – is a National Road Safety Charity.  Their aims are to 1) prevent death and injury on the roads through education of all road users and campaigning for Government improvements to road safety. 2) Care for people who are bereaved or affected by serious injury in a road crash through support services, including a helpline and literature distributed through police officers.
  • Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB) – compensate the victims of negligent uninsured and untraced drivers
  • Your Local Police Force – if you need to report a non-emergency road accident to your local police force, you can find contact details here.  Obviously, in cases of emergency you should dial 999.
  • Accident Advice Helpline – call us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )