How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Personal accident

    Personal accident is a very broad label. It covers slips, trips and falls in a public place, at work, or any kind of accident at work involving equipment or machinery. Personal accident also encompasses road traffic accidents, whether car driver or passenger, or pedestrian. An accident can happen to anyone, when least expected, and can cause serious disruption to working life and normal routine. Fortunately, there is redress. If the accident was not your fault and you were injured, if it happened within three years and you required medical treatment, you may have a claim for an award for personal accident compensation.

    How do I find the right solicitor for my claim?

    Personal injury compensation solicitors have different areas of expertise. It’s quite a different thing to prosecute a medical negligence case as opposed to a slip, trip or fall at work. Accident Advice Helpline have a team of expert lawyers and will be able to advise you on a suitable solicitor for your case. All our partners work on a strictly no-win, no-fee basis, which means if your case is not successful, your solicitor will not charge you legal fees.

    How do I decide whether to proceed?

    First check your eligibility with our online 30-second test, and if you get the green light, answer some questions about your injury in our questionnaire. We may be able to give you an estimate of what your claim could be worth. If you want to proceed but you’re not sure, you can talk it through with a solicitor who will advise you on the strength of your claim. He or she is an expert armed with the knowledge of the precedents of similar cases to yours and will be able to inform you. It’s up to you whether you go ahead or not. There’s no obligation.

    What happens when I start my claim?

    You will be required to have an independent medical examination. Most claims are settled out of court or even by phone, but your solicitor will advise. Once the award is made, we endeavour to pay it out to you as soon as possible.

    Accident Advice Helpline

    Accident Advice Helpline is an experienced personal injury law firm who provide access to justice for victims of non-fault accidents. We are endorsed by the consumer champion, Dame Esther Rantzen. Call us now on our 24 hour helpline, on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.. Our helpful operators are available seven days a week, or if you prefer, start your personal accident claim online.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: 11th February 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.