Personal accident claims in Stirling
Some people who live in Stirling think that accidents at work only happen in the heavy industries such as on construction sites or in heavy manufacturing plants. In fact, people who work in shops, restaurants, colleges and offices also suffer workplace accidents and some of the injuries can be severe. If you live or work in the area and are considering making personal accident claims in Sterling for any injuries that you suffered in work then you can get some good early advice from Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993. Here are the top 5 things that you should know before you make your first call to them.
Top 5 things you should know about personal accident claims
- Workplace accidents range from slips, trips and falls to accidents with dangerous machinery and equipment.
- If you have been injured in a workplace accident that was not your fault then you can start a personal accident claims case to get compensation (money) for your injuries and for the financial loss that you have suffered because you are injured. The accident is not your fault if it was caused by another person or organisation. Workplace accidents are caused when something is done that should not have been done e.g. leaving a chemical on the floor so that workers are exposed to it.
- When you start a personal accident claims case with Accident Advice Helpline you will have to provide two types of information that can be used to negotiate your compensation payment. The first type of information is details about the accident and your injuries. The second type of information is evidence of the money that you have lost because of the injury. Receipts and invoices are a good form of evidence for this.
- It is very unlikely that you will actually have to go to court because most personal accident claims cases are handled over the telephone. However, you will probably have to attend a local medical assessment appointment. During this appointment the medical expert will ask you questions about your injury and any treatment that you have already received for it. Try to keep a note of all your hospital and doctor’s appointments (including any Accident and Emergency Department appointments) and operations that you have undergone. Don’t forget about physiotherapy treatment and the details of any medication that you have been prescribed.
- You will not be asked to pay any huge sums of money to start the claims process because personal accident claims cases are handled by Accident Advice Helpline on a no win no fee basis. This is a great relief for people who are already struggling financially because of the injury.
For further information about personal accident claims in Sterling contact Accident Advice Helpline, the nation’s number one claim’s provider.
Date Published: 4th August 2013
Author: Sharon Parry