A personal injury case in Scotland can arise in many ways. Physical and psychological symptoms can severely affect a victim’s everyday life – it affects their ability to work and carry out household tasks. Psychological symptoms may also occur. Emotional changes, mood changes and sleep disturbances can have a serious effect on both health and well-being.
Each year hundreds of people in Scotland suffer a personal injury that was not their fault. This could be as a result of a slip, trip or fall, a car accident, medical negligence or even an industrial accident or disease. This is when many people start to find out about personal accident claims legal advice in Scotland.
If you are going to make a personal injury claim you should seek the services of a legal representative that is qualified and experienced in this area of law. This is called a personal injury lawyer and they give personal accident claims legal advice in Scotland. Here is some advice that will help you through the process.
Essential dos for finding personal accident claims legal advice in Scotland
- Contact Accident Advice Helpline – a very well established law firm who specialise in providing personal accident claims legal advice in Scotland.
- Try to contact us as soon as you can following the accident. However, don’t worry if you were injured some time ago as you have up to three years to claim for slips, trips and falls and road traffic accident injuries.
- Try to save records of money that you have had to spend because you were injured. This may be lost wages and any extra costs like additional childcare or travel expenses to medical appointments.
- Take the unique Accident Advice Helpline 30-second test. This will work out whether your claim is likely to be successful. You can take the test by calling one of the friendly, professional advisors or if you would prefer this can be done online.
Essential don’ts for finding personal accident claims legal advice in Scotland
- Don’t worry that you will have to pay huge upfront legal fees. Accident Advice Helpline has a team of highly trained personal injury lawyers who will all provide their services to you on a no-win, no-fee* basis.
- Don’t be concerned about having to attend a court hearing or about enduring countless legal appointments. Most claims are successfully dealt with over the telephone these days and very few cases actually end up in court. A medical assessment report will probably be required and you get this done by visiting a medical expert locally to you.
- Don’t trust just any old legal firm! Put your trust in consumer champion Dame Esther Rantzen. She fully endorses Accident Advice Helpline who have been helping people just like you since we were established in 2000. Accident Advice Helpline specialise in obtaining the highest levels of compensation for their clients that they can.
To find out more about how we can help you, call us today on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 4th August 2013
Author: Emma Matthews