Sometimes, health and safety measures can seem strict, causing bosses to complain. Often they think they could get the job done much quicker if they did not have to do certain things, and they are probably right. But in not complying with the rules, they also put employees at risk of injuries, and that is why some of them have to face a Pembroke Dock accident at work claim when an employee has been injured at work through no fault of their own.
Simple things to avoid a Pembroke Dock accident at work claim
The thing is that many of the measures that need to be in place are simple, common sense things that are not expensive or time consuming, such things as:
- A wrist rest for keyboard users can reduce the risk of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Hard hats on construction sites have saved many workers from serious head injuries, and saved the lives of others.
- Latex gloves can reduce the risk of dermatitis from skin irritants that can be found in cleaning products.
- Having enough room to work in comfortable without excessive twisting and turning reduces the risk of soft tissue injuries in the neck and back.
- Making sure flooring is secure, no loose carpets or tiles can save staff from tripping over and being hurt.
- Ensuring walkways are kept free of spillages and obstructions can avoid slips and trips in the workplace.
- Have warning signs near any potential hazards, such as floors that are wet or dangerous substances being stored.
These are just a few suggestions of health and safety measures that do not cost a fortune, will not stop or slow up production, and could save employees from being injured in an accident at work, and employers having to face a Pembroke Dock accident at work claim.
What to do if your boss does not comply and you are injured
If you are injured in an accident at work that was caused because of negligence on the part of your employer, you may be able to make a Pembroke Dock accident at work claim against them, as UK law says that in this situation you are entitled to be compensation for the pain and suffering you have had to endure.
Making a claim for compensation is a legal process that should be handled by lawyers who understand this particular field of the law, which is why you should get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. We are a specialist law firm that has been successfully assisting victims with their quests for compensation for over 14 years, and our lawyers have the experience, expertise and knowledge to give your claim its best chance of success.
They will look at every affect the injury has had on your life, as well as recouping all the extra costs and losses you have had to bear, if your claim is successful.
If you would like to know more about how we can help you, call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone and chat to our friendly advisers. The call will not cost you anything, and nor will their advice.