How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Oxfordshire personal injury claims

    If your child has been involved in an accident which was not their fault, then you can still make Oxfordshire personal injury claims on their behalf, as long as you have proof that your child was not at fault for the accident and know who was to blame. Here are some ways to make claiming compensation for a child who has been involved in a serious accident that much easier, so that you can use the money from the compensation claim to pay for things like medical bills and other expenses, or even just to put into a trust for when the child is older.

    Appoint a representative

    Obviously a child under the age of 18 is not able to represent themselves for the purposes of the case, as they are not old enough to do so by law. In this case you need to appoint a representative who will handle all of the court appearances and general administration that needs to be done so that the claim can go ahead. This person is known as the litigation friend and can be anyone related to or connected to the child as long as they are over the age of 18.

    Let the child represent themselves

    As previously mentioned, the child cannot represent themselves when they are under the age of 18. However, you have up to three years to complete a compensation claim before a lawyer would be less likely to take the case on, so if the child is 16 or 17 when the accident happens, it may be worth waiting a year or two and allowing the child to represent themselves. Give the child the option if you feel that they are up to the challenge and would want to handle their own case rather than allow a representative to do so.

    Any child in an accident, where a claim was not made for them at the time, has three years from their 18th birthday to make compensation claim.

    Making Oxfordshire personal injury claims more easily

    It doesn’t have to be difficult to make Oxfordshire personal injury claims on behalf of your child. If you work with an experienced and dedicated injury lawyer then you can relax and be sure that all of the hard work is being done on your behalf. Accident Advice Helpline has over 10 years’ experience with personal injury compensation claims, and is able to team you with a professional injury lawyer who will work on a 100% no win no fee basis to process the claim. Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, or text “claim365” to 88010 to make a start on your claim right away.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: 15th September 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.