How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Oldbury Car Accident Claims

    If you have an elderly relative living with you, as the result of an injury or simply because they are not able to live alone anymore, you should think carefully about adapting your home so that they can live there safely and comfortably.

    Older people need a few changes to the house environment so that they are less at risk of accidents and so on, the kinds of things that living with you is supposed to prevent. Before an elderly person moves into your home, here are some of the changes that you can make so that you can feel secure and ensure that the house is safe even when you are not there to help.

    • Get a stairlift. Although these may seem like a cliche, they are around and have been popular for many years for a reason. If you are living with an elderly person who struggles to get around, you don’t want to have them tackling the stairs on their own as this can cause a serious accident. Invest in a stairlift as soon as possible.
    • Put bars in the bathroom. There should be a bar for the bath/shower and one for the toilet so that an elderly person can lower themselves down easily and then get back up again without worrying about injuring themselves or slipping on a slippery floor.
    • Move a bedroom downstairs. One of the easiest ways to stop an elderly person slipping on the stairs or having trouble on the landing is to provide a bedroom downstairs and then just working to make all of the downstairs accessible. This would be a cheaper option than investing in a stairlift as well.

    Make Oldbury car accident claims for compensation against the person that injured them

    If your loved one is moving in with you as the result of an accident that was not their own fault, which has meant that they are no longer able to live on their own, it is up to you to ensure that they are safe. However, it can be expensive to adapt your home and take care of someone full time, so finding another way to get money may also be helpful.

    One of the ways that you can get money to help you to care for a sick or injured relative is to make Oldbury car accident claims against the person that injured them. If you want to make this Oldbury car accident claims on someone else’s behalf, you should think about calling Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone, where the team will be more than happy to take on the ‘no win, no fee’ accident claim on your behalf.

    There are many injuries that mean the victim cannot deal with their own affairs, but Accident Advice Helpline will deal with a family member, so that they do not lose out on the compensation they are entitled to.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: 16th November 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.