Northampton accident at work claim


There are many questions that innocent victims have when they want to make a Northampton accident at work claim, some of them more common than others. They usually want to know things like:

  • Who can make a Northampton accident at work claim?
  • What accidents can you make a claim for?
  • How long does a claim take?
  • How much am I likely to be awarded?
  • Is it difficult to make a claim?
  • Who is the best law firm to make my claim with?

These sorts of questions are a regular occurrence for our friendly and helpful advisors, but then there are some questions that are not so common that they are sometimes asked.

Can I make Northampton accident at work claim because I have an asbestos related illness, which I now realise, was caused nearly 20 years ago?

The answer to this is yes, as there are many industrial illnesses that can take years to manifest themselves, asbestos related ones being a typical example. Although asbestos was banned in the UK in 1999, new cases of illnesses related to it are still reported every week, and it is expected that this will not peak until 2020.

Because of the length of time that can be involved in any industrial illness, the claim has to be made within three years of the date of diagnosis, or that you became aware of the illness.

I am self employed but was injured through no fault of my own while I was doing some work in a local warehouse, can I make a Northampton accident at work claim for compensation?

Because you are self-employed does not mean you are not entitled to claim compensation for an accident that happened while you were at work. Although someone does not directly employ you, that does not mean they can disregard your health and safety while you are on their premises, and still leaves them open to you making a claim, if the accident was caused through their negligence.

The more usual answers we give

These are just two examples of questions that are not so common, but for the ones we are often asked, our advisors would tell the victims that:

  • Anyone that was injured in an accident that was not their fault can make a claim, as long as the injuries needed medical attention and the accident happened with the last three years.
  • All accidents come within the realms of personal injury claims, as long as they fit the above rules.
  • No one knows how long a claim will take, but we can tell you that we will deal with your claim as quickly and efficiently as possible.
  • It is impossible to give an accurate figure at the start of your claim, as there are too many things that can affect it. We can give you an estimate though, and you can get this is less than 30 seconds by completing the 30-second test on our website.
  • Claims are simple and stress free if you use Accident Advice Helpline

Accident Advice Helpline are the best option for assistance to make your personal injury claim, as we are one of the leading specialist law firms in the UK. Call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )