All British employers have a legal duty to safeguard the health and safety of their employees while they are at work, and if they fail this responsibility, and employees become injured in an accident because of their negligence, they may have to face a North Kesteven accident at work claim for compensation from the injured member of staff.
All employees have the right to feel safe when they go to work, being injured in accidents at work that were not their own fault should be the last thing on their minds.
Reducing the risks of an accident a work and a North Kesteven accident at work claim
The official government body for these matters is the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), and they decide on the rules and regulations, as well as monitor them, and investigate serious accidents. There are many rules that relate to articular trades, but just a small sample of the more general rules are:
- Spillages and obstructions are cleared away as soon as possible, and warning signs must be displayed by them until then
- Risk assessments should be carried out and the findings acted upon
- Procedures should be in place in case of an emergency situation
- Regular fire drills should happen
- A member of staff to be trained in first aid
- Staff should have enough room to work in without having to twist and turn excessively
- Staff should be protected from dangerous chemicals and substances
- Staff should be provided with any protective clothing needed to do their job safely, free of any charge to yourself
- There should be a health and safety policy, which they make sure is implemented
- All the machinery and equipment should be in proper working order so that it does not present a danger to the staff, and only staff that are properly trained should be allowed to use it
- All accidents should be recorded in an accident book
- Serious accidents should be reported to the HSE
Great strides have been made in health and safety issues over the last two decades, but there are still many innocent victims injured in accidents at work that were not their fault.
Making a North Kesteven accident at work claim for compensation
Every employee has a right to make a claim for compensation from their employer if you were injured because of their negligence. The simplest, quickest and most efficient way to make your claim is to contact Accident Advice Helpline, the experts in making personal injury claims for all types of accidents, not just accidents at work.
We work on a no win no fee basis so that you do not have to consider finding any money to start your claim, or if your claim is lost. All you need to do is complete our online claim form, our 30-second test or call our freephone helpline on 0800 180 4123. From each of these methods, you will speak to friendly, expert claims advisors who will be able to tell you all you need to know about making a personal injury compensation claim.
Date Published: 1st October 2014