Innocent victims who decide to look into making a North East Lincolnshire accident at work claim usually have many questions before making the final decision to proceed.
Who can make a North East Lincolnshire accident at work claim for compensation?
Anyone that fits the rules for making a personal injury claim can make a North East Lincolnshire accident at work claim, the rules being:
- The accident must have been the fault of someone else
- You must have sustained injuries in the accident
- Your injuries must have needed medical attention
- The accident must have happened within the last three years
With the first three of these rules, there is no leeway at all, and they must be your situation. There are however some variations to the time limit, these being:
- If you are making a claim for criminal injuries or an accident that happened while at sea or in the air, the time limit is reduced to two years
- If you are making a claim for an industrial illness, you have three years from the date of diagnosis because these illnesses can take many years to develop
- If it is the family of a deceased victim making a claim, they have three years from the date of the death, unless the victim knew they were dying and did not make a claim, then the family cannot make a claim at all.
- If you were a minor at the time of the accident or incident, and no one made a claim for you at the time, the time limits start on your 18th birthday, and finish the day before your 21st birthday if it is a three year limit, and the day before your 20th birthday for the two year limit.
Do I need much money to start my North East Lincolnshire accident at work claim for compensation?
At Accident Advice Helpline, we operate on the conditional fee agreement, because this allows anyone to make a claim, no matter what his or her financial status is. This is better known as ‘no win, no fee’, and means that no money is needed to start your claim, or if it is not won.
How much will I get for my accident at work claim?
This is almost impossible to answer at the start of a claim because there are too many factors that can affect the final outcome. All we can do is give you an estimate of what you compensation could be, and this you can get from the 30-second test on our website.
How long will my accident at work claim take?
How long is a piece of string because the answer is just the same, you do not know until you get to the end. There are lots of reasons delays happen, sometimes it is the fault of the victim taking time to respond to requests for more information, and sometimes it is because of whoever is dealing with the other end of your claim. All we can tell you is that we will deal with your claim as quickly and efficiently as possible, and any delays will not be the fault of Accident Advice Helpline. Call Accident Advice Helpline free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no obligation advice about making a claim.
Date Published: 1st October 2014