Left with a head injury following a road traffic accident? Make your claim for compensation with expert advice!
Head injuries are some of the most frightening and unpredictable type of injuries that may be sustained following North Devon road traffic accidents. Casualties may be rendered unconscious in the accident and left unable to communicate with their rescuers at the scene of a road traffic accident.
If you, or someone close to you, have sustained painful head injuries following North Devon road traffic accidents that were caused through no fault of their own within the last three years, then you may be eligible to claim personal injury compensation for your injury.
Causes of road traffic accidents
Accidents on the roads may be caused by multiple factors which result in injuries being sustained by drivers and their passengers.
Common causes of road traffic accidents include:
- excessive driving speeds,
- insufficient stopping distances between vehicles,
- failure to adhere to road signs,
- failure to adhere to road markings,
- failure to adhere to road signals,
- failure to give way on roundabouts and junctions,
- failure to drive with care and attention,
- driving whilst tired,
- driving whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs,
- poor weather conditions,
- poor levels of visibility, and
- poor mechanical state of vehicle.
Why are head injuries caused by North Devon road traffic accidents so unpredictable?
Head injuries may have unpredictable consequences because:
- the symptoms of a serious head injury may not be evident at the scene of an accident;
- a head injury can deteriorate rapidly, causing loss of consciousness and rapid decline in a casualty’s alertness and response;
- bleeding can occur between the brain and skull, causing pressure and swelling to develop, which may develop into brain damage if it goes unreported and untreated; and
- injuries may require specialist diagnostic equipment, which may not be accessible within the first hour after injury occurs; this ‘golden hour’ may mean the difference between life and death for serious head injury casualties if they are left untreated.
Claim for your injury!
If you have sustained a serious head injury following your North Devon road traffic accidents, then don’t hesitate to call leading law firm Accident Advice Helpline. They provide a dedicated telephone helpline service to ensure that all calls are answered rapidly and processed effectively. Your call will be answered by a friendly and helpful adviser who has over 14 years of experience assisting people who have been injured through no fault of their own to claim their legal entitlement to personal injury compensation.
If you choose to proceed with your claim for your North Devon road traffic accidents, then a professional member of their team of injury solicitors will be delighted to handle all aspects of your claim on a no win, no fee basis. You can reach us by dialing 0800 689 0500 from your land line, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.
Date Published: 22nd August 2014