We at Accident Advice Helpline understand the stress and trauma caused by a non fault whiplash injury. If it has been caused by an accident that was not your fault, we can help you make a claim for compensation. We have dealt with many such cases over more than 15 years in business and have put together some tips to help accident victims decide what to do next.
- If your non fault whiplash injury is the result of a car accident, try to obtain the names and addresses of any witnesses, so that they can verify your account of what happened.
- If you are able, take some photos at the scene of the accident. For example, photos of skid marks or a badly maintained stretch of road. They may help your case when it gets to court.
- Seek medical attention following your accident, even if you do not think that you have been injured.
- A non fault whiplash injury is not always felt immediately after an accident, so you may need to re-visit the doctor after a few days if you start to feel pain.
- If you are unsure whether to start a claim for compensation, take the 30-second test on our website. It will let you know if you have a legitimate claim, and for roughly how much.
- If you would rather talk to someone about making a claim, call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 and have a no-obligation chat with one of our friendly advisers.
Your non fault whiplash injury compensation claim
If you have decided to start a claim for compensation, the next step is that we will put you in touch with an appropriate personal injury lawyer, who will deal with your case and represent you in court. Our role is then to pro-actively manage your claim, keeping you updated throughout and answering any queries you may have.
The time it takes to process a whiplash injury claim varies depending on the complexities of each case, but once you have started the claim there will be very little required of you and most claimants do not even need to attend court. There may be one additional medical assessment required, but you can even claim back your travel expenses by adding them to the final total of the claim.
Claiming the compensation you deserve following a non fault whiplash injury, will help towards your recovery process so that you can move forward in your life. As the financial risks are borne by your solicitor, there is no worry of having to pay huge upfront legal bills.
Date Published: 8th October 2012
Author: David Brown