Employers and business owners all over the country have certain responsibilities towards their employees, and one of these is to make sure they, the company, are insured in case of a work related accident. It is this liability insurance that no win no fee lawyers in Mole valley would be dealing with in order to settle a personal injury compensation claim if an employee is injured at work through no fault of their own.
No win no fee lawyers in Mole Valley and Accident Advice Helpline
For the majority of employers it is compulsory to have employers liability insurance. This is because employers are responsible for the health and safety of their staff while they are at work and this insurance is meant to give cover if one of them is hurt in an accident.
If an employee has had an accident in work, it was not their fault, and they were hurt then they need to contact no win no fee lawyers in Mole Valley – or, better yet, Accident Advice Helpline.
The insurance cover legally required
There exists a legal minimum of £5,000,000, although there are many insurance companies that offer liability insurance that start their cover at £10,000,000.
There are exceptions to public liability insurance
A few exceptions to the requirement for having liability insurance are:
- Government departments and agencies, local authorities, the police and nationalised industries.
- Those with employees who are based abroad and spend no more than 14 days continuously working in the UK.
- Health service organisations such as NHS trusts, health authorities, primary care trusts and Scottish health boards.
- Some organisations that are financed by public funds such as passenger transport executives and magistrates.
- Family businesses, that are not limited companies, where all the employees are close family members including spouse, grandparents, children, grandchildren, brothers and sisters.
- Companies with only their owner in employment where that person owns more than half of the issued share capital in that company.
Regardless of employment contract type, all workers are covered
If there is any form of employment contract between between employee and worker, whether written, spoken or implied, then that worker will come within the scope of the insurance policy.
Making a personal injury compensation claim
If you have been hurt at work, in an accident that your employer could have reasonably prevented, then contact us today and make that claim.
We at Accident Advice Helpline work nationwide meaning we help accident victims regardless of where they live. This means that even though we do not have local no win no fee lawyers in Mole Valley we can still help. So for no win no fee lawyers in Mole Valley, or anywhere else, get in touch!
Getting a hold of us is easy just dial 0800 689 0500 from your land line, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile.
Date Published: 24th August 2014
Author: David Brown