If you have been affected by carbon monoxide poisoning at any point within the last three years then our no win no fee St. Andrews lawyers can help you make a claim.
All our no win no fee St. Andrews lawyers need to know in order to help you make a claim is that:
- The reason for the carbon monoxide leak or exposure was not your fault
- That you were affected by the exposure, i.e. you were diagnosed with having suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning
- That the incident occurred within the last three years as there are strict time limits in place during which you are allowed to commence a claim for personal injury
If you think you qualify to make a claim you can double check by taking our 30-second test, or you can simply call Accident Advice Helpline directly and speak to a member of our team of fully qualified no win no fee St. Andrews lawyers.
Carbon monoxide at work
When most people think of carbon monoxide poisoning they tend to think of incidents which have occurred at home. While of course the home is where the most carbon monoxide poisoning cases that our injury solicitors in St. Andrews deal with come from, it is not fair to say it is the only place.
We have dealt with numerous incidents over the years in which workers have been exposed to carbon monoxide, and have suffered carbon monoxide poisoning as a result.
No matter what environment you work in, whether it be a shop, library, bank or office for example, there is always the risk that you could be exposed to carbon monoxide. If your workplace has any form of gas appliance located within it, a simple fault with the appliance could mean that carbon monoxide is being produced.
It is the responsibility of your employer to ensure that all gas appliances on site are safety checked on a regular basis, and that any faults are appropriately reported and recorded, and that the necessary steps are taken to ensure that these faults are rectified. This will involve either ensuring that the appliance is not used by putting up warning notices to all members of staff, or removing the offending appliance so that it cannot be used. Maintenance should then be concluded, and the appliance retested to ensure it is once again fit for purpose. If the appliance cannot be fixed, then it should be replaced and installed by a fully qualified Gas Safe Registered engineer.
Of course, it is not just faulty appliances that can lead to accidents when it comes to carbon monoxide; sometimes lack of training and understanding about the potential dangers can lead to problems. If you are expected to work with fuels, and could therefore be exposed to carbon monoxide, your employer should ensure that you are properly trained and fully aware of the potential dangers posed by your work. If they have not educated you in this respect and you are injured as a result, our injury solicitors may be able to help you claim.
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 22nd February 2014
Author: David Brown