How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    No win no fee housing disrepair claims

    No win no fee housing disrepair claims

    Personal injuries are generally caused by accidents that happen due to negligence on the part of another. If you live in rented accommodation, your landlord will have a duty of care to you as a tenant to reasonably protect you against accidents that may otherwise have been prevented. If you have suffered as a result of an accident or injury and feel that your landlord is to blame, you may wish to look into no win no fee* housing disrepair claims in order to pursue compensation.

    Under what circumstances can no win no fee* housing disrepair claims be made?

    A landlord may be responsible for negligence if you have incurred one of the following injuries whilst living in rented accommodation:

    • Illness caused by a faulty boiler – for example carbon monoxide poisoning (it is always advisable to use a carbon monoxide alarm for this reason)
    • A fall due to bad lighting conditions
    • An accident involving broken tiles or fencing
    • Illness caused by or worsened by excessive damp or mould
    • Accidents due to disregard for health and safety measures required for rented accommodation

    If you have suffered an injury and feel your landlord is at fault, you should get in touch with a law firm as soon as possible to gain advice and plan a way forward. In some instances, you will be able to help your claim by gathering information such as photographic evidence or the contact details of witnesses to your accident.

    How much compensation will be awarded?

    Compensation amounts vary greatly and will depend on the specifics of your accident and injury. For example, if your accommodation resulted in an asbestos-related illness, this can be very serious and may even affect your life on an ongoing basis.

    The amount of compensation you will receive will be largely based upon the severity and type of injury you have incurred, any resulting expenses such as medical bills, care costs or specialist treatment, and loss of earnings due to an inability to work – whether temporary or permanent. Of course, the impact of your injury will be unique, and no win no fee* housing disrepair claims are considered niche – therefore it is important to ensure your legal representation has proven experience in this area.

    Open Claim Calculator

    To calculate an estimated compensation amount, you can use an online tool such as the Accident Advice Helpline’s 30-second calculator. This will provide you with a useful approximated figure to work from until you have been advised otherwise.

    Making a claim with Accident Advice Helpline

    At Accident Advice Helpline, we have over 16 years of experience in handling personal injury claims, ranging from road traffic accidents to work injuries and no win no fee* housing disrepair claims similar to yours. We are always able to offer specialist, expert advice from our lawyers, whilst our highly trained advisers guide you throughout the entire process – ensuring it is as stress free as possible.

    To get in touch, please call our advice line on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, or simply fill out our short online claim form.

    Date Published: 26th February 2013

    Author: Rebecca Smith

    Category: Personal injury claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.