Steps you need to take when making no win no fee accident claims in Torbay!
Have you been involved in an accident that was not your fault? Maybe you were injured as the result of a motorbike accident? Or, have you been diagnosed with an industrial disease and believe your employer is at fault? Whatever the scenario may be, if you wish to make a claim it is vital to follow the right steps. Read on to discover the action you should take when making no win no fee accident claims in Torbay…
- See a doctor – There is only one place to begin and this is with the fact that you must see a medical professional. If you fail to do this you are going to find it impossible to claim. After all, how are you going to prove that you have sustained the injury in question?
- Get contact details – It would really help your case if you ensured you not only got the contact details of the person that caused the accident, but also any witnesses. Witnesses’ statements can really help strengthen no win no fee claims in Torbay.
- Report the incident – There are indeed various accidents that require reporting. When it comes to road traffic accidents and indeed injuries that have occurred because of criminal activity, you will likely need to call the police. If you have sustained an accident in the workplace you need to inform your employer, as they have to record it in the accident book and they also need to inform the health and safety executive at the local authority.
- Take photographs – This is not applicable to all cases. Nonetheless, let’s say you have been involved in an accident on the road. If there is damage to your vehicle or the street, it is recommended to take photographs.
- Keep proof of expenses – Last but not least, keep receipts and any other relevant documents which serve as proof to the expenses you have suffered because of the injury. This can be anything from treatment costs and travel expenses, to loss of income and childcare costs.
Require further information on no win no fee accident claims in Torbay? Want to make a claim today? Contact Accident Advice Helpline!
To discuss your claim with no obligation and in confidence, ring our helpline on 0800 689 0500 – or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile;
Text ‘claim365’ to 88010; or
Try the 30 second test on our website, http://www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk/30-second-test.
Date Published: 15th November 2014
Author: David Brown