Claim compensation for an accident at work
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) announced that in 2011/12:
- 1.1 million people were suffering from a work related illness
- 173 workers were killed at work
- 111,000 were injured at work.
Unfortunately the work place is not always as safe as it should be.
Health and safety laws at work
Ill health and injuries caused at work can have a huge impact on your health. All employers have a responsibility to protect the health and safety of their employees.
The law requires employers to:
- Provide protective clothing such as a hard hat, safety goggles etc where necessary
- Ensure that machinery and equipment is safe to use and regularly serviced and maintained
- Put measures in place to control dust, noise and fumes
- Provide first aid equipment
- Fire exits available and equipment available to extinguish fires
- Provide necessary training so that you can carry out your job safely
- Carry out risk assessments
Common causes of accidents at work:
- Unsafe work premises e.g. loose floor tiles
- Construction site accident
- Assaulted at work
- Faulty or inadequate equipment/materials
- Lack of or improper training
- Lack of or insufficient safety procedures
In the event of an accident at work
Every work place should have a procedure in place in case of an accident. If you are unsure of the protocol ask your manager. It is common practice to report the accident to your manager, you should also record the incident in the accident book. If your employer has a designated health and safety officer, they should also be informed. Depending on the seriousness of the injury, you should seek medical assistance as soon as possible. For serious accidents call 999. If you have a first aider at work, they should be informed too.
When you are claiming compensation for a no win no fee accident at work, this record of information and documentation will assist your personal injury solicitor when filing a claim.
Compensation claim for a no win no fee accident at work
In order to file a claim for compensation for a no win no fee accident at work you will require legal representation. Accident Advice Helpline can help you with the claims process. We are experts in dealing with all types of personal injury claims, including those involving accidents at work.
We can appoint you a personal injury solicitor who has the experience to deal with claiming compensation for accidents at work. They have the expertise and knowledge to best handle your claim in an efficient manner. Importantly all the solicitors that work with Accident Advice Helpline work on a no win, no fee basis. A no win no fee accident at work compensation claim means that in the unlikely event of your claim not being successful then you will not have to pay your solicitor’s fees. You have nothing to lose. Call us today on 0800 689 0500 or take our 30 second test to see how much you could potentially claim.
Date Published: 21st January 2013