If you work in the waste disposal trade, you’ve been injured in your workplace, and want to launch a Newtown accident at work compensation claim, why not use the no-win, no-fee injury claim process we offer here at Accident Advice Helpline? It’s a process that comes highly recommended by the one-time TV presenter and well-known people’s consumer champion, Dame Esther Rantzen.
The hazards associated with working in the landfill waste disposal business
With the huge amount of waste that is generated in this modern day and age, one of the best ways of dealing with certain items is to put them into landfill sites. While landfill sites offer a solution for bulky waste disposal, they do present a blot on the landscape, and certain risks and hazards to those people working in landfill waste disposal business. These risks include:
- The risk of fire and explosion caused by a build-up of landfill gas (mostly consisting of methane)
- Exposure to landfill gas itself
- The hazards associated with working in close company with heavy earthmoving machines and vehicles
- Slips, trips and falls
- Falls from height
Precautions and procedures to minimise risks/hazards on landfill sites
On-site transport at landfill sites accounts for over 40% of all accidents that occur in these quarries, and approximately 60% of all deaths. There are a number of simple precautions and procedures that can be put in place by managers of landfill sites to minimise any risks or hazards. These include:
- Dumper trucks not being driven with raised bodies
- Ensuring that gradients do not exceed 1:10 wherever rigid vehicles are used
- Ensuring that sufficient edge protection is in place and that it is well maintained
- All tankers should be fitted with guardrails to prevent drivers and operatives falling from height
- Separating road vehicles from on-site vehicles
- Ensuring that road/track surfaces are suitable for purpose
Filing Newtown accident at work compensation claims
Accident Advice Helpline can assist you with the raising of a Newtown accident at work compensation claim for any injury that you have sustained because of someone else’s fault, including injuries in the landfill waste disposal industry. Before you launch a claim, you may be interested to find out how much that claim could be worth, and you can use one of the services that we provide here at Accident Advice Helpline to do just that.
Estimating your claim’s value
When you visit our website you will come across our HOW MUCH compensation calculator. You simply have to answer 4 basic questions about your injury and you will be given an estimate of how much compensation you could be awarded. The process takes on average about 30 seconds.
Using our services couldn’t be easier
We also operate a helpline whereby you can chat to one of our experienced advisors if you have any queries or concerns. To access this helpline simply call 0800 689 0500 from any landline, or 0333 500 0993 from any mobile. Call us now if you are considering making a claim for Newtown accident at work compensation.
Date Published: 14th September 2014