Road traffic accidents can cause painful and distressing injuries, which may take many months or even years from which to fully recover. The fact that your life can be irreversibly altered in a few seconds can be particularly difficult with which to come to terms, especially if the accident was caused through no fault of your own.
If you have sustained painful injuries as the result of a Newton Mearns car accident which was caused through no fault of your own within the last three years, then you may be legally entitled to pursue personal injury compensation.
Common road traffic injuries
Common injuries that are caused by road traffic accidents, such as a Newton Mearns car accident, may include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as sprains and strains;
- Lacerations and bleeding;
- Internal injury;
- Broken and fractured bones;
- Neck injury;
- Head injury;
- Back injury;
- Spinal injury;
- Brain injury;
- Loss of consciousness; and
- Fatal injury.
At the scene of a road traffic accident
If you should find yourself at the scene of an accident, whether or not it was caused by yourself, then it is a legal requirement to stop at the scene. This is important for a number of reasons:
- To ascertain if anyone has been injured as a result of the accident;
- To make the scene safe for other road users;
- To exchange personal information with other parties involved in the accident, such as contact details, vehicle details and insurance details;
- To ensure that the emergency services are notified of the exact location of the accident and the number and types of casualties involved; and
- To reassure any casualties and provide emergency first aid if required, until paramedics and emergency services arrive at the scene.
Are you eligible to make a Newton Mearns car accident compensation claim?
It is a straightforward process to ascertain whether or not you are entitled to pursue personal injury compensation for your car accident with leading law firm Accident Advice Helpline.
We offer a dedicated 24 hours a day, seven days a week telephone helpline to ensure that your call is answered promptly and processed professionally. In fact, whenever you decide to call for no-obligation advice, your call will be answered by a member of our team of highly experienced advisers, who are trained to provide accurate and relevant information about pursuing personal injury compensation claims for road traffic accidents and other incidents.
To find out quickly if you are eligible to make a personal injury compensation claim for your Newton Mearns car accident, why not take part in our unique 30-second online test? This is a simple, easy-to-use online tool that will inform you of your entitlement to make a personal injury compensation claim in under a minute!
To discuss your accident in more detail with one of our expert advisers dial 0800 689 0500 from your landline, or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile now.