If you’re looking for help with making a Newton Mearns accident at work claim, contact Accident Advice Helpline today without delay. We have over 16 years’ experience of helping thousands of people to make successful claims.
How to avoid injury at work
You spend over a third of your life at work, so it’s important that you look after your health while you’re there. Injuries at work range from minor sprains to serious head injuries from falls. Here at the top five injuries at work and how to prevent them, so you don’t need to make a Newton Mearns accident at work claim.
- Overexerting – This includes stretching, pulling and twisting, as well as lifting and handling issues. Make sure your workspace is laid out correctly so that you don’t need to overreach for items and always follow practical, common sense advice for lifting and carrying, such as assessing the weight first, bending at the knee and keeping your back straight.
- Slips, trips and falls – Watch out for loose cable, puddles or uneven flooring and you could prevent yourself from spraining your ankle, or worse.
- RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) – This can be caused by a number of different actions, although one of the most common is the injury sustained from repetitive typing at a keyboard, particularly one that is improperly positioned. Make sure your desk and chair are set correctly and your wrists are level, just above your keyboard.
- Fall from a height – One of the leading causes of serious accidents at work, these can be prevented by ensuring ladders are safe and maintained properly and that scaffolding is checked thoroughly before use.
- Struck by an object – From construction sites to stationery, you can be struck by an object in any line of work. Wear protective gear where appropriate and always stack materials on shelves properly.
What if your employer is at fault?
If you were injured in the workplace and you think your employer was responsible, you can make a Newton Mearns accident at work. All employers have a duty of care to ensure they take all reasonable precautions to ensure employees don’t come to harm in the line of their work. If your employer failed to provide adequate training, didn’t maintain equipment properly or neglected to supply you with appropriate protective gear, you could make a claim.
Newton Mearns accident at work claim
Accident Advice Helpline can help you to make your Newton Mearns accident at work claim. We have experience in this type of situation and can connect you with one of the many specialist lawyers we work in partnership with across Scotland.
They all work on a 100% no-win, no-fee basis so there are no upfront costs for you to make a claim, and because we can handle most cases entirely over the phone, you probably won’t even have to go to court.
To get free, no-obligation advice, call Accident Advice Helpline free from a landline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile (charges may vary) to speak one of our friendly, professional advisors. They’ll talk you through the claims process in full, answer any questions you might have and give you all the advice you need to decide if you’d like to go ahead with a Newton Mearns accident at work claim.