Safety on flights
Flight personnel are there throughout your flight to ensure that you have a good journey, and are completely safe until your landing. If you are afraid of flying, you can tell your flight attendants before you take off so that they can put a little more effort into making sure that you feel comfortable and happy throughout your flight, and let you know when anything is happening that might otherwise cause alarm.
You can also do a few things on your own to make sure that you stay completely safe on a flight and so that, even if something does go wrong, you will be able to keep yourself safe anyway. Remember that it is safer to fly than it is to drive, and that it is extremely unlikely that something will go wrong on your flight, just using these measures to make yourself feel a little more secure.
- Listen to safety instructions. Before you fly you will be offered safety information by the flight attendants. Many people think that they don’t have to listen to this, especially if they fly all the time, however, each flight is different and you must know all of the information that the staff have for you.
- Be calm. Even if you are a nervous flier, do what you can to stay calm throughout your flight. You may end up being taken ill on the flight purely due to stress if you don’t keep a check on your fears.
- Wear the right clothing. When you are taking a flight remember that you are there to travel, not to look glamorous. Wear comfortable and loose clothing that doesn’t constrict you, and never choose high heels to travel in.
- Keep your seat-belt fastened. Staff will tell you when you are able to unfasten your seat-belt and until then you should keep it fastened.
- Look for your life jacket. Each seat has its own life jacket for if you do crash into water. Look for yours and be reassured that you know where it is.
How to make negligence claims in Craven
If you do have an accident on a flight, and you feel that flight staff could have prevented it by giving you the proper information, or that they caused it due to negligence, you may want to look into negligence claims in Craven to claim compensation against the staff or company.
Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500, or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to find out more about negligence claims in Craven.
The staff are there to give you all the information you could possibly need about negligence claims in Craven and the claims process, as well as helping you to decide whether or not you want to proceed with a claim.
Date Published: 19th May 2014
Author: David Brown