People who are injured in an accident that was someone else’s fault often struggle afterwards – physically, mentally and financially. Do you need a slip and fall settlement?
Personal injury often leads to:
- Extensive medical treatment – for broken bones, head injuries, etc.
- Time off work (which can mean loss of earnings)
- Extra costs – taxis to hospital, home helps to do your chores, etc.
Many people need a slip and fall settlement in order to claw back some of the expense, and ease the stress and pressure that they feel under while they recover from their accident.
Examples of slip and fall scenarios
Here are a few examples of what can happen:
- In a supermarket, someone slips and falls on a recently cleaned floor that is still wet – and there are no warning signs! Injury: broken wrist
- At a garage, someone slips and falls on some grease that the proprietor failed to ensure was cleaned up. Injury: fractured hip and severe bruising
- In a park, in winter, someone slips and falls on some ice that is on a path because it has not been gritted. Injury: fractured skull
In the above cases, a slip and fall settlement could be reached.
Need a slip and fall settlement? How to start a claim
All it takes to get started is a phone call to Accident Advice Helpline. We offer a comprehensive service that begins as soon as you speak to one of our friendly, professional advisors. Your advisor will take your details in confidence and treat you with empathy and sensitivity, guiding you through the process and answering any queries you might have.
Your claim will be processed by a no-win, no-fee solicitor, who will strive to secure a slip & fall settlement that will ensure that you receive compensation for your injuries and the associated distress – and all the costs that are mounting up.
Evidence for making a claim
You will need to show that you weren’t responsible for causing your injuries and the statements of witness can substantiate your claim. The most important evidence will be your medical report so you need to make sure you receive professional medical attention for your injuries as soon as possible.
Photographs and cctv footage has helped strengthen victims’ claims in the past and may help your case.
Contacting Accident Advice Helpline
We can be reached on the numbers below:
- 0800 689 0500 from landlines
- 0333 500 0993 from mobiles
- Text “claim365” to 88010
If you’re not sure whether you qualify to receive a slip & fall settlement, why not try our 30-second test? This free compensation calculator will also give you an estimate of what you might receive if you are eligible to claim.
Date Published: 26th March 2014
Author: David Brown