How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Need legal advice

    It is often the case that people are for some reason loath to admit that they need help or advice in a multitude of different situations. Whether it’s refusing to ask for directions or rejecting any instructions for putting together flat packed furniture, people’s pride does often leave them to go it alone when some degree of assistance would make things so much easier. Normally in these kinds of situations there is little harm in taking things upon yourself beyond things taking a bit longer or a mild case of embarrassment, however things are different if you need legal advice.

    When you do need legal advice it is always advisable to find the very best people who can provide you with accurate and correct guidance, and this is particularly true if you need legal advice regarding a potential personal injury claim. In fact, when it does come to making a personal injury claim being fully furnished with the facts is crucial all round, and that is why this article will focus on some key areas regarding personal injury compensation. These are, when and why compensation is available, how long you have to make a claim and who you should trust to handle your claim, so let us first turn to when you may be entitled to compensation.

    When and why is compensation available?

    According to UK law you are entitled to claim personal injury compensation if you have suffered an injury or have fallen ill and somebody else was demonstrably to blame. This entitlement to claim compensation exists in order to offer victims with some measure of recompense for the physical, emotional and financial pain that they have suffered as a result of their ailment.

    How long do you have to claim?

    In the case of the large majority of claims, you actually have a period of three years after an incident in which you can begin legal proceedings before your entitlement to claim lapses. Claims involving injuries to minors or industrial diseases are the only ones which have their own slightly different timescales applied, and these are worth researching further if your case fits within these parameters.

    Who can you trust when you need legal advice?

    The best way to try to ensure that you get all of the compensation that you deserve is to trust the handling of your claim to Accident Advice Helpline. Accident Advice Helpline has been handling claims just like yours for over 16 years, and can apply all of the experience which they have accrued over this time to make sure that your case is resolved successfully. You can contact our friendly and professional advisers for advice and guidance by calling either 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 on your mobile.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Date Published: 13th January 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.