How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Motor accident compensation

    Claiming motor accident compensation

    With an increase in the number of cars on the road, it’s no wonder that so many of us are unfortunately involved in motor accidents.  More often then not, it is caused by the carelessness or misjudgment of another driver. If you believe the motor accident you were involved in was not your fault, then you may be able to claim motor accident compensation for your injuries.

    Common causes of motor accidents:

    • Inexperienced drivers
    • Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
    • Speeding
    • Lack of car maintenance
    • Using mobile phone whilst driving
    • Failure to take notice of hazard signs or signals
    • Reckless driving

    What to do if you are involved in a motor accident 

    • Stop and call the police

    The law requires that the driver of any vehicle involved in an accident stop at the scene. Do not attempt to move your car unless it causes a hazard. The police will be able to make an independent assessment of the accident and give you an incident number which will aid your motor accident compensation claim. 

    • Seek medical assistance

    If you or anybody else is injured, call for an ambulance. It is important to seek expert medical help. Unless you are trained, do not try and treat yours or anyone else’s injuries. If you feel you have injured your back or neck severely then it is also important not to move, as you may cause more damage.

    • Exchange information

    Every driver involved in the accident is required to exchange their name, address, registration and insurance details. Make sure you try and obtain these details. If you have any difficulty the police will be able to assist you.

    Open Claim Calculator

    • Make no statements

    Do not attempt to have a discussion with the other driver, except for obtaining their details and making sure they are ok. Do not engage in arguments as in the heat of the moment you may say something inaccurate. You can tell the police your version of the accident.

    • Witnesses

    Try to obtain the name, address and phone number of any witness to the accident. This will help your motor accident compensation claim.

    • Medical Treatment

    Have your injuries cared for as soon as possible at your local accident and emergency department or at your GP’s office. Make sure you tell the doctor of every medical complaint and injury, no matter how minor you think it is. An internal injury may not always show up immediately, so even days after your accident you may have to seek assistance again.

    • Notify your car insurance company

    You will need to contact you insurance company to notify them of any damage to your vehicle and the negligent party’s vehicle. They can also assist in having your car towed and repaired if possible.

    • Contact the Accident Advice Helpline

    We will be able to give you free and professional advice on making a motor accident compensation claim. We will be able to appoint you a specialist motor accident compensation solicitor who has the expertise in helping you win your case and winning the compensation you are entitled to.

    Just call us today on 0800 689 0500 from a landline, or on 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 15th October 2012

    Author: David Brown

    Category: Road Traffic Accident Claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.