How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you receive medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • **Required

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Motor accident claim form

    100% No-Win No-Fee*

    Motor accident claim form

    Had a motor accident? Your guide on what to do next

    Unfortunately motor accidents do happen, people not paying attention, rushing around or just being plain careless.

    If you have been involved in a motor accident and injured as a result you will know how stressful and upsetting it can be, especially when it is not your fault.

    Accident Advice Helpline are experts in handling compensation claims for all types of accidents, including motor accident claims. We have put together some useful and helpful information on what to do if you are unlucky enough to be involved in a motor accident that was not your fault.

    At the scene

    • Stop your vehicle and remain at the scene
    • Obtain the vehicle registration number, name, address, car make and model of the other vehicle
    • Give your details to the other vehicle driver
    • If you have a camera on your mobile then take pictures of the scene
    • Take the name and contact details of any witnesses
    • Contact the police and ambulance services (depending on severity of your injuries)

    It is also important that you try to remain calm and rational. This is not the time to get angry or upset – it will not help the situation.

    When you get home

    • Contact your insurance company. You may be required to fill out a motor accident claim form
    • Write down a detailed account of exactly what happened
    • If you have not already received treatment for your injuries then visit your GP or local emergency department
    • Contact Accident Advice Helpline

    The motor accident claim form

    This form from your insurance company will need to be completed to claim for damage to your car. Your insurance company will explain exactly what information is needed. If it is agreed that the fault of the motor accident was the fault of the other driver then your insurance company will make a claim on their insurance policy for the damage.

    How we can help

    We will take you through the compensation claims process and answer any questions you may have. There are no long complicated forms to fill out, most of the process is done over the phone and our advisers will fill out our motor accident claim form on your behalf. All you have to do is check the details on the motor accident claim form, sign and return it to us.

    To proceed with your claim for compensation you will require legal representation. Accident Advice Helpline will appoint you a specialist, in-house personal injury solicitor who has experience in handling motor accident claims.

    Your appointed personal injury solicitor will go through the motor accident claim form with you, ensuring all the information is accurate and correct. It will also be updated with all the expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident, such as prescription charges or travel expenses. On the motor accident claim form also include your loss of earnings and provide your pay slips.

    Based on this information your personal injury solicitor will calculate a settlement claim that they feel is fair for your injuries and financial loss. A claim will then be made to the negligent party.

    Simply call Accident Advice Helpline on our helpline numbers 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Category: Road Traffic Accident Claims

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.