If you need to launch a Melton, accident at work compensation claim with regard to a musculoskeletal injury you picked up in the catering industry, you are welcome to use the no win no fee* services that we here at Accident Advice Helpline offer to everybody across the UK, regardless of what type of injury they’ve suffered, or where the accident that caused it took place.
Musculoskeletal injuries in the catering trade
Most people associate musculoskeletal injuries with the manufacturing and storage and warehouse industries. However catering staff too handle heavy weights in terms of bulk loads of vegetables, which have to be offloaded from delivery vehicles and stored in kitchens and larders.
Back pain is one of the most common musculoskeletal injuries
Back pain that arises from manual handling is one of the most common causes of occupational related injury here in the UK. In busy kitchens, in the catering industry, there are many tasks which, if not carried out under the right circumstances, can cause back pain and/or other upper limb injuries affecting the hands, the wrists, the shoulders, and the neck.
Advice on preventing back pain etc from the HSE
The HSE (Health and Safety Executive) has produced an information sheet referred to as Catering Information Sheet 24: “Preventing back pain and other aches and pains to kitchen and food service staff.” This document provides information about any risk areas to be on the lookout for, and provides practical examples that can be applied in the workplace. Although the document is primarily aimed at employers, the information that it carries is also informative and useful for employees.
The key messages to get across
There are a number of key messages included in the HSE’s publication. They are:Open Claim Calculator
- The fact that it is easy to take avoiding action to prevent or minimise musculoskeletal injuries
- Any necessary preventative measures are not costly
- The importance of involving staff and keeping them well advised
- The importance of training staff regarding correct lifting methods
- The importance of training staff regarding handling mechanical aids
- The importance of raising awareness of risks and injuries
- How early detection and reporting of musculoskeletal injuries can help to minimise those injuries
Raising a Melton, accident at work compensation claim through AAH
If you work in Melton, and you’ve suffered a musculoskeletal injury at work, (whether the injury took place in the catering industry, or any other industry), you can enlist the help of Accident Advice Helpline to raise a Melton, accident at work compensation claim.
Accident Advice Helpline is one of the premier injury claim solicitors here in the UK. When you work with us, you stand to take advantage of the many benefits we offer including:
- Our no win no fee* service, which comes wholly recommended by the renowned and respected people’s consumer champion Esther Rantzen.
- Use of our free, 30 second, interactive, HOW MUCH calculator to pre-value your claim.
- Access to our industry-leading customer support service.
- Use of our free 24/7 helpline – 0800 180 4123 from landlines – 0333 500 0992 from mobiles.