Do you need to make a medical negligence claim in Kings Lynn?
There may come a time when a family member or yourself might need to make a medical negligence claim in Kings Lynn, or in any other part of the country, because of a mistake by someone in the medical profession. This could be for several reasons, and may be made against differing medical professionals, such as:
- The pharmacist – If you were given the wrong tablets, or even the wrong strength of the correct tablets, you could become extremely ill.
- The optician – If you were injured during laser eye surgery due to carelessness.
- Your doctor – We all like to trust our doctor, as they are the first person to whom we go if we feel ill, but they are human and they do sometimes make mistakes. They could misdiagnose your illness or give you the wrong treatment.
- Your hospital – Hospital doctors and nurses are all very highly trained, but they work under a lot of pressure with scant resources. They treat over 21 million people a year in accident and emergency departments alone. Sometimes errors occur in hospitals, and people are made worse or injured because of these errors.
- Your dentist – You could be injured with a drill if your dentist slipped.
How compensation is calculated for a medical negligence claim in Kings Lynn
The compensation for your medical negligence claim in Kings Lynn will be calculated based on the severity of your injury, and also if there are any long-term effects, but it can include:
- Stress and anxiety;
- Loss of earnings;
- Childcare costs;
- Pain and suffering;
- Travel expenses;
- Extra medical expenses;
- Care costs if necessary;
- Home adaption costs if needed; and
- Any other cost or loss that is a result of the accident.
Finding a personal injury lawyer at Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline is where you will find solicitors with all the knowledge and expertise you need to fight your medical negligence claim in Kings Lynn. We will deal with the insurance companies, the health trusts and whomever else we have to. We will make sure that every aspect of your claim is covered and that we maximise your claim, so that you receive everything to which you are entitled. After all, amputating the wrong limb or something else just as serious can be life-changing for the victim, as well as for those close to them.
Just call our helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile, and speak to one of our friendly advisors. They will give you free advice and assist you all that they can to start the process of your personal injury compensation claim if you wish to proceed.
Date Published: 19th February 2014
Author: Emma Matthews