How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Making an injury claim in Kentisbeare

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Kentisbeare

    If you live in Kentisbeare and have been injured in an accident that was no fault of your own, you may be thinking about making an injury claim in Kentisbeare. You may live elsewhere in Britain and also be considering making a personal injury compensation claim. It doesn’t matter where you live in the UK, the same rules apply. You have three years from the date of your accident in which to make a claim.

    Making an injury claim in Kentisbeare

    Apart from making an injury claim in Kentisbeare for an injury suffered in an accident that was not your fault, you can also claim for an illness which you can prove was caused by someone else’s negligence. This might be your employer if you have been diagnosed with a work-related illness or an occupational disease within the last three years, or perhaps the owner of a restaurant where you ate and then had food poisoning.

    Food poisoning

    If meat and fish are not cooked at the correct temperature, they could still harbour bacteria which are harmful to us. If you see that your chicken, for example, is pink near the bone, don’t eat it as chickens notoriously carry the salmonella bacteria. Even eating salad greens, if they have not been thoroughly washed, could lead to food poisoning, for which you need medical treatment. If you have a mild case of food poisoning, you could receive between £600 and £2,800, depending on how long the symptoms (nausea, vomiting, fever, abdominal pains, stomach cramps and diarrhoea) last. For more severe food poisoning, which necessitates a period of hospital treatment, you could receive between £6,800 and £37,500. The amount would depend on the severity of your symptoms and if they were expected to have a significant impact on your future life.

    If you keep the receipt for your meal, and your doctor reports the case to the Public Health and Hygiene Department, you may be entitled to make an injury claim in Kentisbeare or elsewhere.

    If you got food poisoning after eating a product you bought, you will need to keep the packaging for analysis. Once again, the Public Health and Hygiene department will need to be informed, so that a local outbreak can be prevented. You will also need to have kept the receipt for the product as proof of purchase.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Contact us at Accident Advice Helpline now

    If you believe that you have reasonable grounds for making an injury claim, you can call us at Accident Advice Helpline at any time, for expert legal advice.

    From landlines you can call us on our freephone number, 0800 689 0500. To call from a mobile, ring 0333 500 0993.

    We can call you to discuss your potential claim if you send us the text message “claim365” to 88010.

    Call or text us now to find out how we can help you with your claim.

    Date Published: 10th October 2013

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.