How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Make a Serious Injury Claim

    Test your knowledge – make a serious injury claim

    Try the Accident Advice Helpline’s fun multiple choice quiz to test your knowledge on personal injury claims. The answers are at the bottom of the page – try not to cheat!

    Qu 1.   Which of these is classified as a personal injury?

    a)      Whiplash

    b)      Post traumatic stress disorder

    c)      Difficulty sleeping

    d)     Broken leg

    Open Claim Calculator

    e)     All of the above

    Qu 2.   Which of these accidents can you make an injury claim for?

    a)      You reversed out of your drive without checking your mirrors and hit an on-coming vehicle

    b)      A vehicle crossed a red light and hit your vehicle

    c)      You hit a car as you were going down the wrong way on a one way street

    Qu 3.   Which of these is a legal requirement when you make a serious injury claim for a violent assault?

    a)      The criminal assault is reported to the police

    b)      You inform your work manager

    c)      The crime is reported to your city or town council

    Qu 4.   How long do you have to make a serious injury claim from the date of the accident?

    a)      10 years

    b)      6 months

    c)      5 years

    d)     3 years

    Qu 5.   Who should you inform if you are involved in a road traffic accident?

    a)      Police and your insurance company

    b)      Your mechanic

    c)      The AA

    d)     Police and the AA

    Qu 6.   Who should you report an accident at work to?

    a)      Your colleague

    b)      Your manager

    c)      The security guard

    Now check your how you have done by comparing your answers with those given below.


    Qu 1 – e

    You can make a serious injury claim for any type of personal injury that has been caused in an accident that was not your fault. This could be a physical injury such as whiplash and/or an emotional/psychological one such as post traumatic stress disorder.

    Qu 2 – b

    When you make an injury claim it should be evident that the accident was not your fault and due to the error or negligence of someone else. If you had broken any laws or were careless then you would not be able to claim compensation.

    Qu 3 – a

    The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority requires that if you have been injured in a violent assault and are looking to claim compensation then the crime should have been reported to the police. It is not necessary that the offender has been charged.

    Qu 4 – d

    For most types of personal injury claims you have 3 years in which you can file a claim for compensation. Violent crimes however have a 2 year limit, though under exceptional circumstances this may be extended.

    Qu 5 – a

    If you are involved in a car accident you have to report the accident to your insurance company, failure to do so may make your policy invalid. If anyone is seriously injured then you should also report the accident to the police

    Qu 6 – b

    An accident at work should be reported to your manager. You should also enter the incident in the accident book, this will help if you decide to make an injury claim for compensation.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline on their freephone numbers 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 21st January 2013

    Author: paul

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.