Most people would think that working in an office is a safe job to be in, but it comes with dangers all of its own. Office workers have just as much right as any other workers to expect to be safe while they are at work, and if their employer does not protect their health and safety and one of them is injured in an accident that was not their fault, they can make a Maesteg accident at work claim to get the compensation they are legally entitled to.
The dangers in offices that can result in a Maesteg accident at work claim being made
Offices have more hazards than people sometimes realise, such as:
- Constantly using a keyboard can cause wrist problems such as carpal tunnel syndrome. Your employer should supply you with a wrist rest, which can help prevent conditions like this from happening.
- Trailing wires are a constant hazard that can cause some very nasty injuries if the cause someone to trip over and your employer should not allow there to be any.
- Using a photocopier for long periods can affect the sight of the operator, and your employer should make sure their use is regulated.
- Lose carpets or flooring can cause nasty trips and falls accidents, and you employer should ensure the floors should always be kept in good order.
- Faulty office furniture can be a hazard, and your employer should always make sure that your workstation, chairs and anything else is up to standard.
- The glare from computer screens can cause headaches and eyestrain, and your employer can fit a screen filter to stop this happening.
- Obstacles in walkways can be a danger if someone falls over them and your employer should make sure walkways are clear at all times.
These few examples show that offices are not quite as safe as people think, and why there have been many instances where injured employees have made a Maesteg accident at work claim for compensation.
Health and safety officers
Some employers have so many employees and such large premises, they cannot expect themselves to be solely responsible for health and safety matters. This is when many of them employ a health and safety officer, often with several staff to assist them.
But it is a job that not just anyone can do. There is a lot of training involved, and they have to have the ability to stand up to bosses and employees alike where health and safety issues are concerned.
The easy way to make a Maesteg accident at work claim
If you have been injured in an accident at work that was not your fault, the easiest way to make your claim is with Accident Advice Helpline, the specialists in personal injury compensation claims. Call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone or complete one of the forms on our website and either way you will be given the highest quality service that will get you the fairest deal for your compensation claim.