Making machinery injury claims in York for a work related accident will be simple, fast and efficient if you use Accident Advice Helpline to help you.
We have made the claims process as simple as possible by giving different options to start you machinery injury claims in York. You can complete the 30-second test on our website, or call the friendly and helpful advisors. Either way, you will receive all the information you need about making a work related claim, and if you decide to pursue your compensation, all the help and support you need as and when you need it.
How your employer can avoid facing machinery injury claims in York
Your employer has a legal duty to ensure you are safe at work, and should follow the heath and safety rules that apply to their particular type of trade or profession. There are general rules that apply to all employers, just some of those being:
- They should carry out risk assessments to identify any potential dangers, and act on their findings.
- They should have a health and safety policy and make sure the staff adheres to it.
- Emergency procedures should be in place and all employees should know what they are.
- Regular fire drills should take place.
- Walkways should be kept free of spillages and obstructions.
- All plant and equipment should be kept in good working order with any safety devices that are required fitted.
- Staff should be adequately trained in the use of the plant and equipment and only authorised staff should be allowed to use it.
- There should be plenty of ventilation and care taken where there are dangerous chemicals and substances in use.
- Protective clothing should be provided where needed, free of any charge to the employee.
- An accident book should be kept and all accidents recorded, n matter how minor they are.
- Serious accidents should be reported to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
HSE monitor employers to make sure they are complying, and investigate serious accidents at work. If employers are found to have been at fault, not only can they face personal injury claims in York from employees, they can also be prosecuted by HSE.
Claiming for your accident at work
If you have been injured in an accident at work that was not your fault, if your injuries needed medical attention, and the accident took place in the last three years, you may be entitled to claim compensation.
At Accident Advice Helpline we endeavor to make the process as stress free as possible, and part of this is to take away the worries of paying the legal fees for your claim.
We work on a no win no fee basis, so that you will need no money to start your claim, and no money if your claim is lost. With no concerns about paying the litigation costs, making a personal injury claim is an option to all victims that have been injured in an accident that was not their fault.
Date Published: 11th August 2014