In comparison to the number of patients our medical professionals treat, there are only a small number of cases where things go wrong, but if they do the consequences can be dire and that is when victim might need the help of our Luton law firm.
- Your doctor misses a serious illness
- Your optician messes up your laser eye surgery
- You dentist slips with the drill and cuts your face
- Your practice nurse takes a test incorrectly giving flawed results
- The hospital remove the wrong limb
They may all be ‘what if’ but each of these circumstances have made media news sometime in the past.
The Consequences of Errors and Why you Might Need Our Luton Law Firm
For a moment or two, put yourself in the situation of the victims that suffered the above problems at the hands of the medical profession.
- The patient whose serious illness was missed turned out to have cancer, which could possibly have been treated if it was found earlier.
- Mistakes with laser eye surgery can sometimes be corrected by having the procedure repeated, but there are times when the victim’s sight is impaired forever.
- The dentist slipping with the drill left a nasty scar on the face of the young girl who suffered this injury.
- A practice nurse taking cancer smears was doing them incorrectly, so the results were wrong. Thankfully this was discovered after quite a short period and no fatalities resulted from it.
- A hospital once removed the wrong leg from a patient. The reason for removing the other leg did not go away, so the poor man ended up with no legs instead of one.
Some of these are probably extreme cases, but if you are the victim of medical negligence, the stress and trauma it can cause if horrendous. You put your trust in the profession when you are ill or injured, and to be made worse rather than better is the last thing you expect. If you do suffer at the hands of a medic, you could be entitled to claim compensation, and our Luton law firm can help you with this.
Making your Claim for Medical Negligence
Medical negligence claims are among the most complicated of all personal injury claims. You need specialist help in this sort of claim and should contact Accident Advice Helpline, the experienced experts who have many years of assisting people behind them.
We have a 30-second test on our website which will let you know if you have a valid claim, as well as give you an estimate of how much you could be awarded.
Or you can call our friendly and helpful advisors on our freephone helpline number 0800 180 4123. They will give you any information you may need when you are considering making a personal injury compensation claim.