There are some jobs you just know are dangerous, and others that you might be surprised about. Farming for instance would be thought by most people to be a fairly sedate job, although anyone would acknowledge that it is very hard work.
What a lot of people do not realise is that the farming and agricultural industries have the worst record for serious injuries and deaths in the UK, and this is one of the reasons that so many in the industry have made a Llantrisant accident at work claim.
The problems in farming that can cause a Llantrisant accident at work claim
There are numerous hazards on farms, and not just for the people that work on them. Although that is who most of the accidents happen to, it is also not unusual for visitors to farms to be injured in accidents that were not their fault, particularly children.
Just some of the things that workers and visitors should be concerned about and take care when they around them are:
- Heavy plant and machinery – not many people would win if the had an argument with a combined harvester for instance
- Silos and grain stores – if someone falls into one of these, getting themselves out is nearly impossible, and often by the time other worker get to them it is too late to save them.
- Dangerous chemicals – there are many of these on farms mainly in the form of pesticides, and anyone using them should wear the proper protect clothing to avoid being affected by them.
- Animals – everyone thinks how docile cows are, but this is not always the case. If they think you are a threat to their young perhaps, they will have no hesitation in attacking you. Their sheer weight and size means you would be very lucky not to sustain serious injuries if you survive the attack.
- Motor vehicles – there are often trucks and lorries delivering to farms, or maybe taking waste or produce away. These vehicles are just as likely to cause an accident as they would if they were on the roads.
- Falls from height – this is a very common accident when people fall from haylofts and building tops when doing repairs. It does not have to be high for them to sustain serious injuries and could be just something like falling of the roof of the cowshed.
We can help with your Llantrisant accident at work claim
Accident Advice Helpline can help with your Llantrisant accident at work claim, no matter what the type of accident you have had or the injuries you have sustained. We have dealt with them all some time over the last 14 years, and have made sure that many thousands of innocent victims have received the compensation they were entitled to. Now, if you get in touch we can help you too. Call free on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no obligation advice about making a claim.