Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we can provide representation when it comes to Livingstone claims. On this page, we are going to discuss the types of incidents that we are able to provide representation for.
Car accident compensation claim representation
The vast majority of compensation claims in the United Kingdom are related to car accidents. You can only make a claim for compensation for a car accident, or for any Livingstone claims, if you can prove that somebody else was negligent in their actions and it was this negligence which led to your injuries occurring. Situations where you may have a good chance of claiming compensation include, but are not limited to, the following:
- If you were a pedestrian walking in a location where you had right of way e.g. across a zebra crossing (after giving traffic enough time to slow down), or walking on the pavement (you will be surprised at how many cars will drive on the pavement in order to save time)
- If you were hit by a car that was going too fast.
- If you were involved in a collision due to the driver of another vehicle taking their eyes off of the road. This normally happens when they check their phone or perhaps change a CD or radio station.
- If you were hit by another driver who broke a red light.
Injuries in the workplace
You can also claim compensation for injuries suffered in the workplace. As you may well know, your employer has a duty of care towards you. This duty of care is to ensure that you are kept safe in the working environment. This may involve providing you with adequate safety training or the right safety equipment. Some situations where we have been successful with compensation claims include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Injuries suffered due to a person becoming caught in machinery.
- Injuries suffered due to poor quality safety equipment. For example, if you are working from height and the harness you are using snaps.
- Poor quality safety training or being asked to perform a job which is inherently unsafe and that you should not be performing anyway.
- Trips or slips over equipment or materials left in an inappropriate location.
You may also be able to claim compensation in other situations. For example, we have provided representation for people who have slipped in the supermarket or other public place. We have also provided representation for those who have tripped over loose paving slabs. You will be bringing your compensation claim against the party at fault.
File Livingstone claims with Accident Advice Helpline
Call Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you are calling from a mobile.
Date Published: 9th June 2014